Auspost tracking delays

I have been getting this more consistently lately from sellers, that blame auspost for tracking update delays saying it can take up to a few DAYS for the tracking number to be valid.

Which to my knowledge is bs. I have never had a problem with auspost ever updating a tracking number, usually within 12 hrs maxium.

Maybe sellers just say this just to cover their own asses for very slow postage.

I would prefer truth over lies any day of the week and probably have more respect for these sellers to say they haven't posted it yet but will on a certain day or within the next few days.

Lies lies and more lies
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Auspost tracking delays

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the item is posted in a red street box it can often take several days for the tracking to update....often when the item is delivered.

It is only if the item is posted over the counter that the tracking should show almost immediately.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

I do both and never had that problem ever, taking more than 12hrs. Usually updated on the pickup or going through sorting.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

I have had many situations as both a buyer and a seller with them not updating tracking

I have bought things and it still shows 'in transit' days after I have gotten it and likewise I have had buyers leave positive feedback mentioning along the lines of 'fast postage and well packed' but when I look at the tracking it still shows 'in transit'

I can't speak for your sellers. Maybe they are fibbing maybe they are not but it is a shame you have decided point blank they are all lying 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

When I post in a red box....often the tracking appears ONLY when delivered.

I am in S.A. Where are you?
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

I know they are lying because when I confronted said companies, long back and forth conversation they eventually told me they only post on certain days even though they have marked package posted days before, at first they are adament that it was auspost delaying tracking.
Its laying blame where it needs not be.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

@enigmabear wrote:

I have had many situations as both a buyer and a seller with them not updating tracking

I have bought things and it still shows 'in transit' days after I have gotten it and likewise I have had buyers leave positive feedback mentioning along the lines of 'fast postage and well packed' but when I look at the tracking it still shows 'in transit'

I can't speak for your sellers. Maybe they are fibbing maybe they are not but it is a shame you have decided point blank they are all lying 

I'm with you on the tracking not always being updated.

I've had some parcels recently that were tracked OK but when I looked back at some older purchases I found one from MONTHS ago that according to Aust Post is still in transit.  It's isn't - I've got it....and not long after it was posted.

Good old AP.  You've got to laugh sometimes.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

Well, I've got two happening right at this minute - identical, although one is now resolved.

One received into Customs Jakarta, but not notified or updated - since resolved.

The second involves a glitch with AP, (Aus to USA) where information wasn't available from 28 December right through until yesterday, whereupon it was updated to show 'in transit' still. But, enquiries since have shown that it's actually in Customs, but not notified.

It's easy to jump to conclusions before the facts are in. This applies to both seller and buyer alike, and it's unwise.

Melina.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

It was marked as posted on the 8th, pre lodgement happened on the 11th. 3 days later why do sellers need to lie about when they posted? For something that would take a couple days as the location of the business is only a few hours away, to get here through postal now is going to take anywhere from 10 to 14 days, and they blamed it on the postal service. Not saying all sellers do it but I have had a bad run with sellers of late pertaining to a certain product I constantly buy.

I thought eBay was about convience and to give service where conglomerates can't. That is not at all convienent or fast.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Auspost tracking delays

If the seller uses online postage the item is marked as posted as soon as they process the label.  It is not actually posted until it is lodged at the PO or put into the red box.

I have had item marked as posted at midnight, a few minutes after I paid for them.  It does not mean the seller is lying....it is just the way the system works.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply