Australia Post Contractor Stole My Parcel - Dandenong Victoria 3175

I ordered a laptop on ebay. seller sent it via Parcel post+signature. I kept tracking it from the office and finally it was on board with the driver. All of a sudden parcel was delivered at 11.51am when I was at work.
When I went home no card was left, nobody in the apartment complex has seen it. Item was simply vanished.

Called Auspost up and the operator told me someone has signed for it. How could it be? I was at work. He said there is some scribble starting with my First name. Asked me to send my licence to confirm my signature. Still awaiting for an answer from them.

In the meantime i did some research. Guess what? im not the only one. So many people have lost their parcels similar way. They were simply signed and delivered, but not the receiver who signed for it.

My incident happend in Dandenong vic 3175, Beware guys there is a thief delivering parcels for auspost in dandenong. I cant submit a paypal claim coz item was delivered. Insurance dont cover anything because again it has been delivered. Ive lost money and item.

Im sure Australia post doesnt do anything about this. This is not the first time, Ive had incidents with Startrack (owned by Auspost now) months back where they forgot to pick up my item from the warehouse 3 times in a row. and when received it box was damaged, but item was fine.

The Driver probably still has my laptop. This was dispatched from Clayton South, Vic distribution centre. If Auspost authorities read this, Please track down the driver. Delivery time as per tracking 11:51am Thu 21 Apr Dandenong, VIC.

Thank you

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Australia Post Contractor Stole My Parcel - Dandenong Victoria 3175

Thank you audio-spot for understanding the anger I feel and being supportive. It is the only apartment complex in the area and very easy to find. I had put a big note on my post box saying if im not at home plz drop a card. If he has been near the place he would have seen it, but unfortunately it was signed and delivered according to tracking info, without me being at home.

Message 11 of 56
Latest reply

Hi twyngwyn, We both are in the same situation, Yes AP has started an investigating.looks promising. but we are out of luck, Not even paypal is gonna cover it as it was marked delivered. IF you start a paypal dispute you will simply lose as seller can provide tracking information.

Which area are u located?

Message 12 of 56
Latest reply

Sorry Tippy toes I didnt abuse anyone who tried to help me, In a situation like this no one will listen to you simply because it was signed and delivered mate. and another thing, I would have had the parcel sent to work address if I knew it was getting stolen. Why would I do that? when simply I can pick it up from the post office when a card was left at home postbox.
Message 13 of 56
Latest reply

@neoanderz wrote:

Hi twyngwyn, We both are in the same situation, Yes AP has started an investigating.looks promising. but we are out of luck, Not even paypal is gonna cover it as it was marked delivered. IF you start a paypal dispute you will simply lose as seller can provide tracking information.

Which area are u located?

Have you read ALL the other threads you have posted on?

You have been told how to go about getting a refund through paypal if AP does not find the missing parcel.

And no ID is required for items being signed for at your door UNLESS it is Person to Person.

Message 14 of 56
Latest reply

Everyone should read this im not the only one who is blaming the driver/contractor (http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Help-advice-pls-Aust-Post-contractor-signed-for-my-item-it-s/...)

Message 15 of 56
Latest reply

You have dug up a 4 year old thread which most of us have commented on and which is pretty much irrelevant to your problem as it was an international seller and the problems were caused by the buyer having to deal with both AP and USPS.

Message 16 of 56
Latest reply

lyndal1838, yes it involves international courier, but delivered via AP post, whatever it is , it was signed by someone else not the recipient, and the parcel was missing. That is what is important here not wheater it was 4 years old thread. 

Message 17 of 56
Latest reply

I spoke to my postmaster & he told me that 'you would be surprised what the delivery scanners can tell you'....things that even the delivery driver isn't aware of.

He wouldn't tell me anything else as now all the staff involved at delivery end will technically be 'under suspicion', and I should just let the investigation take its course

I don't think my parcel was SOD but they are still investigating.

Any items I buy from now on, I am requesting that the seller marks package as "DO NOT SAFE DROP"....so I will have to pick up from P.O. if not home.

No system is fullproof, and there are a lot of dishonest people out there staying one step ahead of the game
Message 18 of 56
Latest reply

As far as I am aware AP no longer take any notice of the do not safe drop instructions and that would not apply in the OP's case anyway as the item was signed for and handed over.  It is simply untrue that id must be provided with a home delivery, totally pointless as has been pointed out anyone can sign for a parcel unless it has the extra protection of person to person delivery.

There are ways of approaching Paypal which may result in a refund however I feel disinclined to add further advice as the OP obviously more interested in trashing AP than achieving a positive outcome.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 19 of 56
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
I spoke to my postmaster & he told me that 'you would be surprised what the delivery scanners can tell you'....things that even the delivery driver isn't aware of.

Any items I buy from now on, I am requesting that the seller marks package as "DO NOT SAFE DROP"....so I will have to pick up from P.O. if not home.

I am actually not surprised at what the delivery scanner can tell you.....and believe me the drivers are aware of what these things are.
The company can track the vehicle, the parcels in that vehicle and can even tell you when the driver takes a toilet break.
The StarTrack drivers are in dispute with the company over how invasive the tracking is.
As for the Do Not Safe Drop stickers....they are useless as they can be overridden when the buyer has a Safe Drop agreement with their local AP depot.

Message 20 of 56
Latest reply