Australia Post hopeless service

I have returned an item to a seller, they have been in touch to say they have it

according to the tracking it's still in the drivers truck!!

so much for scanning and tracking X-(

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

There maybe a couple reasons here.

Maybe the driver missed the scan,and still has it on there scanner,which is easy to do with the incredible amount of scans the couriers have these days,this does not make them hopeless as everybody can make a mistake,and the other answer is that maybe the information has not been updated yet on the australia post system,all couriers would have had an incredibly busy days today because of the long weekend.

The couriers should be respected more than this as they do a great job.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

One would think with all the bad comments on these boards about Aust Post (which would only be a tiny portion of the issues that we are hearing about) then something would be done to better the service.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

As with ebay it is only the problems we get to hear about on these boards so it looks as if AP were absolutely hopeless however if the millions of buyers and sellers who sent or received a parcel without any problems whatsoever were to post the complaining ones would be completely lost in a tidal wave of epic proportions.

With the vast areas they cover, the volume of mail and the complexity of services now available I suspect the actual number of problematic deliveries is a rather small percentage.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

AP are increasingly a hopeless case in my books .... mmm where do I begin, so much to select from .....  lets start with price, products, service and customer communication.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

I'll begin. Over the last 4 years 100% receipt of sent by me items by the recipient and 100% receipt by me of bought items.

That's only my opinion, of course.

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

I'll begin. Over the last 4 years 100% receipt of sent by me items by the recipient and 100% receipt by me of bought items.

That's only my opinion, of course.

I would agree completely

until the new system came in now I have a C&S parcel missing in action

the old system seems better 🙂

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Nothing new about click & send. I have been using it almost all the time it has been available and before that I used regular parcels and letter post.

In all the years I have been selling I have only one item that went missing, it was sent as a large letter, I have not had a single parcel go missing.

I have had to claim nno receipt a couple of times but strongly suspect that as I got them for a very cheap price the sellers never actually posted anything!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Well you are very fortunate that you have not had parcels go missing. Perhaps if you had higher turnover and sent more parcels, you might find that with more volume that parcels do go missing.

I have had several parcels go missing over the past couple of years, including those with signature on delivery, and it has been a huge investment of my time to follow up to get any sort of resolution.  The SOD missing parcel took 5 months to get compensation for, and involved no less than 8 different AP staff, including Alice from the boards, the knowledge and customer service skills of those handling my cases were appalling on each and every occassion. 

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

This would seem to be a case where less is more. Though with about a hundred in and 1000 out over the 4 years, I would contend that I am a statistically relevant sample.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply