Australia post is ludicrously expensive

Just venting..........Many examples I can think of. Here's just 1.....Recently bought 2 tee shirts. 1 from a Sydney seller the other from an American seller. Postage was dearer for Aust. Post satchel than USPS. How can it be possible knowing that the USPS item is handled by Aust. Post when it hits our shores????? Can't get my head around it!!!!! Suffice to say we are being shafted!!!

Message 1 of 97
Latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Australia post is ludicrously expensive

kafav
Community Member

at PO 500g 8.75,those bags you can use for all items because they to small,P.S nice cat

Message 61 of 97
Latest reply

so you work for Aust Post

Message 62 of 97
Latest reply

*sigh*

Where's Trev when you need him?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 63 of 97
Latest reply

He's probably off on one of his regular 7-day island trips. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 64 of 97
Latest reply

At least the airfares to there are cheaper than Aus Post!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 65 of 97
Latest reply

Rather sadly, these days there's not much that isn't. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 66 of 97
Latest reply

I live in Gold coast, ordered item from Brisbane ,which is 70 km from us - the post fee is more expensive that I paid for the same size item  delivered from the UK))))))))) This is 100% ridiculous!! The AUS  POST sucks!!! It's stealing our money!!

Message 67 of 97
Latest reply

Hi jaguar200460,

Iโ€™m really sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the price you paid for postage. I can understand how upsetting that would be.

If youโ€™d like to share your tracking number with me I can make sure the most efficient postage method was used?

Cheers,

-Rory 

Message 68 of 97
Latest reply

Sellers in China HongKong etc often have very cheap or even subsidised postage to get their itmes from the sellers warehouse to the (nearby) docks.

By way of the international postal agreement that most if not all countries have signed up to , it is then at Aust Post's expence to complete the delivery to us no matter where in AUST we live.

Next time we post something by A.P. to anywhere we are not only paying for that service but also for delivery of items we receive from overseas.

That's why it costs us more to post here and probably a contributing factor why US Post is in a bad way (compared to say 20 years ago)

Message 69 of 97
Latest reply

They are making profits alright, so much profit that finding an Australian seller on ebay is like finding a penguin in the sahara.  I had to send back some headphones for warranty, international.  These headphones are very light, about 600g it cost me nearly $60 and no I won't be refunded, it is nearly cheaper to just buy a new headset.

AusPost knows they have no competition and they are extorting the Australian public like the mafia.  No wonder Australia has 0 retail exports.

Message 70 of 97
Latest reply