Authanticity of Handbags

Has the ebay authanticity department ever made a mistake?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Authanticity of Handbags

Very unlikely: Iโ€™ve not heard of any errors.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

Strange question for you to ask - have you had a problem?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

have you received what you believe to be a 'copy'?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

Yes I did.  The authentication failed on my Chanel Bag.  It was bought in Melbourne at Chanel over 40 years ago so I do not know what has happened.  I have checked everything and I am 100% positive it is genuine.  Have checked with my family as well.  Very upset and annoyed.  It was my Mothers Handbag.  I am 75yo

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

No Ebay said my handbag was a copy.  It is not it is genuine but.................

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

I am somewhat confused here.  Did you sell the bag and it was deemed as fake and returned to you?  Other members on the boards are not able to do anything for you.  Did you speak to Ebay chat about it and what did they say?

Have you taken it to a Chanel agent yourself?  I understand you are upset about it.  What is it you want to happen? 

FYI many of the responders on the boards are seniors myself included.  There is no need to drop age into anything.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Authanticity of Handbags

You may need to take it to a chanel agent yourself or send it with a note attached to outline the age and history, where bought (if known ) etc

All I can think of is that something in the manufacturing may have changed in the last 40 years and the agent who assessed it for ebay may not be familiar with the older bags. It's a pity your mum didn't save the sales receipt, but we can't think of everything, I guess. I do believe it is genuine, but you will need to have some authentication.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply