BUYERS BEWARE!!! Some Listings state FREE POSTAGE but is is an ebay technical glitch

I was about to purchase a cat tree.

Searched for almost 2 hours to sift through the 100's of listings.

Found 2 similar listings & both stated FREE POSTAGE BUT when I opened the listing descriptions, the postage was actually more than the items themselves.

These items are far cheaper on NON-ebay sites - once again ebay has lost some business!

I complained to ebay & it is a KNOWN technical issue - nice of them to advise us.

So watch out - FREE POSTAGE ISN"T FREE POSTAGE NOW even when it says it is!

Tp make it worse, I wasn't searching for Free Postage because we all know free postage is set into the item cost + the ebay fees.  I didn't have Free Listing ticked on the left hand side & it still mucks things up.

Ebay - this is a joke.  You need to revert to the OLD system that worked & left all pricing transparent which is how it should be.

You have tried & failed to get everyone to change to Free Postage.

In this instance I was not even searching for Free Postage but the 2 items I liked both happened to advertise it.

What a great bit of free advertising for those sellers.

Ebay can't even say how long it is going to take to fix the issue.  It has been escalated & is known about so in the meantime - BUYER BEWARE!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Some Listings state FREE POSTAGE but is is an ebay technical glitch

I bet those two listing were uploaded from iPhones using eBay's app. It's a glitch in the app that causes this & not the sellers fault. This glitch has been happening since the app was first made & eBay know about it but won't/can't fix the problem.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

so these items are being listed with free postage but the description lists a postage cost?
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry my post entered as I tried to copy numbers - 

Was looking at these - 251564959137  & 261513331376 

Just also found these also 

261535343154 - 251564913110 - 121373118345

NOTE - they are not all the same seller either!

Ebay said they don't know when it will be fixed - I said hours, days or weeks - they said it could be weeks so in other words, they don't care & there is no rush.

Typical.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

All those item numbers have postage listed $19 - $21 states No Pickup

Makes me wonder - has it been fixed?  (Ebay don't work that fast)

Or are you using the iPhone app that gives you the glitch?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

No, I'm not using Iphone - standard desktop computer

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I checked all those numbers and got postage costs.

Nowhere did it say "free postage"   Postage was stated on all of them

?????

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

free postage comes up on the gallery list as shown below - 

Time left:26d 6h left19/8, 20:49
AU $49.90

Free postage
 63 Watchers
Watching

71cm Deluxe Cat Scratcher Scratching Post Scratch Pole Tree House Multi Level
5 Photos

Time left:29d 4h left22/8, 19:05
AU $49.00

Free postage
 35 Watchers
Watching
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

All the search results show the free postage but when you open the descriptions it isn't there

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Ah, now I get it.      Didn't look at search page,

just the item numbers you posted.  Sorry, misunderstanding.

Let's hope they fix it soon then.

But, no doubt, someone will get caught out when buying.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply