Been still no word from seller

Hello all,
                Firstly i would just like to say thanks to all that contributes to this site as it's awesome as!
I have a query about an item i have bought but have not payed for as of yet because the seller has not got back to me on a question about correct postage. It has been 24hrs & no reply & think this to be a bit unexceptable. Not sure what the rules & regulations on canceling a item purchased but not payed for are but i would like to cancel my transaction with this seller as i'm getting tired of waiting for a reply.
I do not want to make a bad name for myself on here as i may want to sell items in future & would feel bad canceling but what can i do???
Any advice would be appreciated,
                                                           Cheers in advance.
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Did you say 24 hours?
Need to remember some members on ebay are ordinary people and might only get on the computer 2-3 times a week.
I usually click the request total link in pay now and wait 1-3 days before I chase them up.
image host
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

During the auction is the time to ask these questions not after the purchase. Still, give the seller a little time as they may not be near a computer. You should ask the seller to invoice you the correct amount including postage.
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

HaHahahaha maybe i'm impatient but if you have a ebay store & have set ebay store hours..then why not advise the customer if you are not going to be working the hours stated in the add.
Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Sorry, 1-3 days = 2-3 days
image host
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Thank you for your replys it's very nice of yaz.:)
I have already sent a message as discribed & no reply. I checked there store operating hours & they opened 2hrs ago (roughly)& were apparently open when i commited to buy it.. Why state trading hours that you can't stick to???
Well i'll be giving it a bit more but what happens when i cancel??
Do i get a bad report on my file??
Cheers
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

If the seller opens a Non Paying Bidder case, they get their fees back and your account gets a strike. Many members on ebay then have blocks preventing others with 2 or more strikes from bidding or buying.
Some sellers also allow a cancellation for genuine reasons in which they will send a mutual cancellation form so they can get their fees back.
image host
Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

You can't cancel the sale, only the seller can do this by sending you a cancellation request and only if they deem your request to cancel as valid..

A seller not replying in 24 hours is not a valid reason.. You're being impatient.. You should allow at least 48 hours..

Just because the seller has stated working hours, does not mean that they will be spending those in front of the PC. They could be packing stock, preparing orders for sale etc

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Your not the seller that i bought it off are you? jks 🙂
I do see where your coming from where your coming from though & will try to be more patient in future. The reason i was worried is that this is not the first time this has happened & have waited longer for a reply but i was more interested in what happens if you do cancel because of this reason. I do not expect them to be waiting by there computer checking every moment if they got a message but a ''Top seller should at the least be able to check messages once a day or atleast letting the customer know they will be away until a certain time. That way i & many other paying customers would not have to worry.

On a good note this seller has got back to me & all is sorted.
Thank you to all that have assisted me in knowing time frames ect.
Cheers.
Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

I want to thank you for posting this thread.  You have no idea how much I appreciate you outlining your experience as a buyer.
Thanks very much . . . . BBL