Better to buy from China than Australia sometimes -always check

I have noticed a lot of cheap crystal jewellery from China just $1 and free post such as item 381433326356, which look very nice, and nothng wrong with that. BUT I wish Aussie buyers would check on prices as so many dishonest sellers in Australia are buying these, falsely adding Swarovski to the listing, listing as using Swarovski crystals to not infringe copyright laws, and then onselling these for anywhere between $15 and $25. I know we try to buy in Austrlalia but these are the same as sold from China for just $1 with free post. They are obviously buying in bulk then onselling the same. I know I usually tick buy from Australia, until this was brought to my attention. I do not think I can put listing numbers for those others but they are easy to find, as there are quite a few. Easy money to make from buying from China, and selling in Australia unfortunately. So do not always do an Australia only search as 250% is a BIG markup for $1 jewellery with free post from China on top!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There is nothing wrong with buying cheap stuff and onselling. Some buyers are happy to pay more to buy locally and not have to wait weeks from China.  There is an issue if they are then misrepresenting the item. If they are Australian sellers report the listings.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Yes I agree, nothing wrong with buying and reselling. But to then misprepresenting the item as something it is not is bad. Even those in China are not doing that just calling it a rhinestone, then when it is resold magically becomes Swarovski. Yes some have been reported, but will ebay act is the big question???????     

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay will only take notice of the rights owner.

How to report a listing to eBay

Only the intellectual property rights owner, or somebody authorised by the intellectual property rights owner, can report potentially infringing items or listings through eBay's VeRO Program.

If you are not the intellectual property rights owner, or authorised by the intellectual property rights owner to report potentially infringing items or listings through eBay's VeRO Program, you can still help by getting in touch with the rights owner and encouraging them to contact us.

Swarovski is on their VeRO list

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply