Blatant Misleading Advertising RIP OFF SELLER <Removed>

I recently purchased 2 x  Li Ion batteries clearly advertised and described in the product detail as coming with a charger. The batteries arrived BUT no chargers.

The seller is now claiming that this was not a package offer. The seller is also claiming now that they cannot provide a return postage label even though the seller is in OZ.

BE WARNED - THIS IS A BLATANT RIP OFF !!!!

Here is the package description copied directly from the product page ......

• Package Included:
  • 18V 2000mAh/2500mAh/4000mAh/5000mAh/6000Ah Li-ion Battery for RYOBI One Plus P104,P108,P102
  • Battery Charger
  • User Manual

SELLER

<Removed>

ITEM
Item number 283565889171

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there,

First thing, you're not allowed to name sellers here on the forums, so your post will end up being edited (posting the item number is fine).

If you go to the seller's profile page (click on their feedback score or name) it says:

Based in China, [the seller] has been an eBay member since 15 Aug, 2017

Did your item definitely ship from Australia? If so, they're using a warehouse here to send stock out more quickly.

If they haven't included the charger, then open an "Item Significantly Not As Described" return request, and follow that process through. Ignore all the rubbish the seller is telling you, and just follow the timelines set out in the return process.

If they've posted from Australia but refuse to provide a return shipping label, once you get to that part of the returns process, ask eBay to provide a label on the seller's behalf.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The seller you have mentioned here is in China, as shown on their feedback page

And they have very average feedback

Have you opened an item not as described dispute?

Likely you have had a lucky escape as the batteries are likely to be dangerous knock off versions

I don't think you could even return such batteries anyway, even IF the seller was in Australia 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I don't need to be warned.

Prior to any purchase I look at a seller's feedback to see where they are registered...your seller is in China.

I also look at the negatives they have received...you seller has too many for my liking.

Have you opened a case for Not As Described?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

You can definitely open a dispute for "item not as described". Save the listing too, just in case it is taken down, as well as the messaage of the seller admitting they didn't send the charger.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You dodged a bullet. When you read through all their negative feedback, people have been having some really major issues.....like exploding batteries, or destroying the tool they bought it for. These batteries are NOT Ryobi, they are cheap knockoffs and clearly dangerous. Do not use them, send them back for a refund.  You could easily have saved yourself from your house burning down.

Go and get them from Bunnings. There you will get the real deal, not something that is designed to look like the real deal.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

not to mention that using after-market batteries in power tools voids the warranty.  If the battery goes bad and damages your tool then you really are screwed.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Makita even have a warning on their web page about use of non-genuine batteries:

https://www.makita.com.au/genuine-batteries

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I bet the buyers who used fake batteries on their Milwalkee tools are happy with things blowing up. Have you seen how much they cost?

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply