Breach of privacy - seller is notified that I have looked at their item

Today I have logged in to my account and I have seen an "offer" from a seller of an item I had previously viewed.

I did not watch the item, I simply browsed it once.

Upon contacting "customer service", I have been advised that sellers can enable the option to auto contact people browsing their listings and make offers to them.

This is a breach of privacy. If I am browsing listings, there is an expectation that I am doing so anonymously.

How do I prevent sellers from knowing that I am looking at their items?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Breach of privacy - seller is notified that I have looked at their item

I'd be changing to R2D2. lol

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

If your looking to buy something, put it in your cart and leave it there for a couple of hrs...., then remove it, ..........and wait for the reduced offer in your email 🙂

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@wiggleyawormrigs wrote:

If your looking to buy something, put it in your cart and leave it there for a couple of hrs...., then remove it, ..........and wait for the reduced offer in your email 🙂

Ah,  not everyone sends a reduced offer.  So if you want the item, you may be hanging out until the end of never to get the offer.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

justin.s3... I have never been contacted by a seller with an offer simply because I looked or browsed at any of their item/s. But, on occasions if I should  put an item on my 'watch list' for another look at a later time, the seller would learn about it and I have received offers from them then.  Look and browse, same thing.  Cheers.  

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I don't send offers, much less reduced ones.

My understanding of the system is that offers can only be sent to watchers, not carters.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I don't send offers, much less reduced ones.

My understanding of the system is that offers can only be sent to watchers, not carters.

Sending offers to interested buyers

If a buyer watches your item or adds it to their cart, you can send them special offers.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply