Buyer Protectotion

When you receive a faulty item with a warranty card?

Is the seller in their rights to offer less than half of the cost of the product, for the buyer to keep the faulty product?

Then when returned a tracking number is provided for the return of all products, as the warranties are fraudulent and

EBAY responds by letting the buyer know, the parcel is still in transit after two weeks, therefore it's the buyers problem

While the seller is in their right to continue to sell products with fraudulent warranties and bribe buyers to keep their faulty products.

Who is contactable for Consumer protection?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Buyer Protectotion

duplicate post.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you,

It is a duplicate as I first posted it in the wrong section, I also have misspelling in the title, but I do not know how to edit posts.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@yonline09 wrote:

Thank you,

It is a duplicate as I first posted it in the wrong section, I also have misspelling in the title, but I do not know how to edit posts.

No problem. If you want to "edit" and it's within 5 minutes of posting just go to "options" at the top RHS of the post and click on "edit".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

You did not post in the wrong section.....your post was fine in the Answer Centre.

I think the problem is that no-one really understands what you are asking.

You need to give more details about the transaction before anyone can really help you.

Where and when did you buy the camera and how did you pay?

The warranty card that you posted does not look like any warranty that I have ever seen....it does not even name the brand of camera.

Are you aware that warranties on ebay are nearly always unenforcable, especially id the item was bought at auction.

Did you open a dispute in ebay or paypal and who gave you the address to send the camera to?   Did you upload a tracking number into the dispute (if there was a dispute)

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I call fake on that warranty card. If you read the last sentence, it is written wrong "......but the customer have to be responsible for extra charges on parts, labor and shipping costs therefore brought". Very poor grammar and should be bought,  not brought. That said, it could be Chinglish.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I call fake on that warranty card. If you read the last sentence, it is written wrong "......but the customer have to be responsible for extra charges on parts, labor and shipping costs therefore brought". Very poor grammar and should be bought,  not brought. That said, it could be Chinglish.

Which is exactly why I asked for more details.   If it was an overseas purchase there is no recourse on Australian Consumer Law.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

As the seller is trading under ebay as an australian commercial entity, are they not bound by australian laws and legislation?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

The warranty is a legal document once the purchase is made, the customer responsibility begins after improper use. The first part of the warranty is the part in question.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The purchase was a buy now purchase on ebay using paypal and a tracking number was provided. Ebay dispute was opened and then closed by Ebay because following Australian post protocol you cannot pursue an item in transit until 15 days after it is was meant to be delivered.
The issue is I was bribed to keep a faulty product with a fraudulent warranty and
EBAY is allowing this seller to continue to trade,
while I am still trying to recover my loss using the correct procedures.
If an entity is trading in Australia do they need to comply to Australian laws and legislation?
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply