Buyer beware! <Removed>

Beware of <Removed> also known as <Removed>
Supposedly item ships from australia
Ask for warranty and I have to send back to China!
Then to be told I will get a full refund now they are saying they will give me 50% refund
eBay not willing to do anything as transaction is over a month old

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Buyer beware! <Removed>

They clearly show as being in China, you just need to check in future.

Don't just go by what is on the front page of the listing.

And the neg feedback would also have told you.

iiiii.png

You have 180 days for a case in PayPal.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

So what if the seller is based in China, that has nothing to do with the issue raised.

All of their listings show the items are located (and are sent from) at Regents Park, Sydney, Australia - not sent from China!!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Very very common for sellers in China to put 'Regents Park' as the item location, it is one of their top spots

So what is that people can put the item location as being anywhere at all, it does not mean that is true

Buyers need to be looking at the where the seller is and at their feedback which will tell them if the seller is really sending from overseas

Since ebay has no interest in stopping these scammers, buyers need to do this to help protect themselves

I have seen several feedbacks of these scammers which say the item location is 'Sydney' but read the feedback and it all says 'item sent from China'

So it has a lot to do with the issue raised 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I hope your reply was a tongue in cheek, because if you believe the ''Regents Park'' item location, you will also believe there are fairys at the bottom of your garden. If they are based in China, that is where the items are coming from. Why do you think the Chinese stuff takes longer to appear in the Aust Post system, even when tracking is provided? Because Aust Post only gets ''shipping information recieved'', then the tracking will start when the item lands in Aust and is given to Aust Post. Then the delivery time starts and you have to wait it out, while all your locally purchased items have well and truly arrived. Ebay is allowing these fraudsters to lie, lie and lie again to unsuspecting ebay members, and do nothing about it. Offering a part refund, trying to pacify buyers with offers of part refunds in exchange for changing bad feedback, should be outlawed totally.  I was offered a $3.00 refund to change feedback just before Xmas.........''you must be joking'' I told them, that $3.00 was well spent if it helps to warn other potential buyers. They had a 7 day delivery promise on the listing for a 12'' digital pic frame, and it took 12 days to arrive......just made it for a Xmas gift, obviously drop shipping.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I suggest you all read the original post again (and again)

The author claimed the items says ships from Australia - which the listing(s) clearly do.

The fact the seller is based in China does not mean to say they do not have a local (Australian) warehouse to which goods are shipped in bulk from China for Australian distribution.

Not disimilar to where Harvey Normal were looking into setting up a distribution hub in China because the CODB there, and postage back to Australia is substantially cheaper.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

So what if the seller is based in China, that has nothing to do with the issue raised.

All of their listings show the items are located (and are sent from) at Regents Park, Sydney, Australia - not sent from China!!

The OP raised the issue of warranty having to be returned to China.

Also their negs and neutral feedback state items are shipped from other locations, NOT what is stated in the listing.

I suggest anyone purchasing items requiring warranty to check where the account is registered and if not registered in Australia, don't expect a warranty to be honoured locally if at all.

And if you believe that you have a lot to learn about Asian sellers, especially the Chinese here on eBay.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

if not registered in Australia, don't expect a warranty to be honoured locally if at all.

Even if the item is in Australia you will have a hard job enforcing a warrenty claim unless it is from a big brand store who also sells on ebay.

You can still open a dispute in Paypal and it is possible with a lot of phone calls to be allowed to send the item to Paypal Au or indeed not return it at all.

If you decide to go down that route then you will have to know how to interact with PP to get the right result.

Myself and others can help you through it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

ebay is so fantastic!

they expect buyers to be detectives and every guarantee they offer is worthless unless it fits in their cookie cutter.

they allow sellers to break the rules and will only act when most of us start breaking the rules.

the illegal counterfeit goods they say are on another ebay country site and there is nothing we can do!

the buyer experience is not anywhere near as good as they think is is.

having spoken to relatives over the break not one who had used ebay was happy.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Oh my, the listings who claim to be posting from ''Regents Park''  ''Darwin'' ''NSW'' etc are ALL FAKE LISTINGS! They are drop shipped when you place your order. Why do you think they take well over a week to ten days to get to you?  Just to prove my point, make a purchase from a local seller, who shows they are registered in Aust, and you will see the postage time difference. Why the heck would any seller have a warehouse in Darwin for GODS sake? As if the NT would make up the most of their sales. They have probably done a speed geographical course on Aust and though the name looked convincing.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply