Buyer hasn't posted (it's been over a week)

Hey guys, so I made a purchase from a seller on July 31st. I paid via PayPal with a credit card and the payment cleared on August 2nd.

However, it's now August 8th - the estimated delivery date was August 7th and the seller hasn't even posted my dang item yet! I sent them a message about this the other day but they haven't responded. The seller had a rating of 98.7 and I don't usually go below 99 percent but they seemed to have nothing but great ratings from other buyers.

So how do I proceed with this?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Buyer hasn't posted (it's been over a week)

Ok I'll let the cat out of the bag,I've got 8 IDs on these boards but don't tell them Woman Wink

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

How horrible, Michelle. All the build-of of anticipation, thinking that you're going to get the item, and then - splat - the disappointment of never getting that knock on the door with the courier.

Is there some sort of pattern to these sellers? Does feedback reflect a long postage time?

It doesn't reflect my experience; I buy frequently from the UK (outside eBay as well as within eBay), and I've never had an item not arrive. So I wonder if there's something in particular about your transactions or the sellers...?

Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

What? You're raven333raven and seagull333seagull as well?

Well, you certainly had me fooled.

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Michelle's imports tend towards being prohibited items.

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

That can be tricky.

Importing diamonds by hiding them inside giant toy giraffes just doesn't work anymore. It's all too much like "Man in the Brown Suit".

I would strongly urge against importing giant toy giraffes.

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

Great, now how am I going to complete the Circle of Life reenactment I had planned when I finally get a kitten?
Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@worzel*gummidge wrote:
Another of Davewil's accounts??

No you're wrong on this one worzel*gummidge . I doubt if the countess is a sock-puppet of Davewil'  or visa versa. But in saying that, you're on the right track my friend. I'll leave it there at that.  Cast the net to the right and to the left and you'll get one fish. It's all about balance.

98 plus plus % of what you say otherwise is bang on.

Cast the net to the right and to the left and you'll get one fish. It's all about balance.

4channel, always enjoy reading your posts.  This post of yours has me puzzled.

The only poster that I am aware of using multiple IDs on these boards at the moment is worzel.  Feel free to send me a PM if you know of others . . . . . . I wonโ€™t tell.

Hi k1ooo-slr-sales , I personally haven't had any reason to sspect worzel of having sock-puppets. But there's a member of the bully crew that I strongly suspect of having another account of which that regular ID is a sockpuppet of.

As for your suspicion of worzel, well  ...   I doubt that you'd make up something like that to discredit another member. I'd say worzel may have a helping friend. But, I haven't seen anything to make me think that either. So I just don't know anything really.

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@worzel*gummidge wrote:
Another of Davewil's accounts??

No you're wrong on this one worzel*gummidge . I doubt if the countess is a sock-puppet of Davewil'  or visa versa. But in saying that, you're on the right track my friend. I'll leave it there at that.  Cast the net to the right and to the left and you'll get one fish. It's all about balance.

98 plus plus % of what you say otherwise is bang on.

I am interested in what you think of posters using their other IDs to give kudo to themselves.  Personally, I think it smacks of insecurity and a desire to make what they post look credible. In fact, it has the opposite effect and calls into question the posterโ€™s integrity and credibility,  Anyway, enough of what I think about this, what are your thoughts?

98 plus plus % of what you say otherwise is bang on.

You are joking, arenโ€™t you?  Maybe you are reading stuff I have not seen.  Can you elaborate for me?

Spoiler
just checking!

The answer to your question about posters using alt-id's to kudo themselves up. Not good!  Yeah, I agree with you there. Uncool!

I will say though that the team of bullies here do the same things to kudo each other up. Simlar thing I guess.

Not joking. I'm referring to worzel being on track, but that sight should be on another member here. And I agree with worzel on some of the other posts on various previous subjects relating to buying and selling etc.

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Ok I'll let the cat out of the bag,I've got 8 IDs on these boards but don't tell them Woman Wink

They could all end up running in different directions one day. I have heard of sockpuppets taking on a persona of their very own.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

So what you're saying is that I'm a sock puppet of my own persona? 

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

So what you're saying is that I'm a sock puppet of my own persona? 

Not at all. That would be a wierd scenario though. Someone being taken over by their own alter ego. Hmmm, not so uncommon come to think of it.  I have seen a few interesting things in my time.

Anyway, I hope the OP has got their issue sorted.

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply