Buyers views sort on ITEM ID on Address Labels

The ITEM ID is unique to each purchase and is essential in all communications within the eBay enviroment.

Should the Seller be asked to include this ITEM ID on all address labels.

This could easily be added, for example,  after the Buyers phone number.

This would enable quick accurate identification of a parcel received and quick accurate location of the item on both the old and new Purchase History lists.

Most small items have tracking numbers on address labels, but these are not always used, and not on all purchase history lists.

Sometimes it is very difficult to determine which item you have received, especially if you buy 2 items the same fron 2 different sellers.

For a Better eBay and an easier life.

Trev

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

My first reaction would be that anybody could use the item number, if displayed, to find out what the item is. And thus determine whether or not it is worth stealing.

Besides, a lot of items don't go as parcels, or go in standard AP satchels (hand addressed), so there is no address label generated. I am certainly not going to add it. I don't even add the buyer's phone number if I'm not using eBay labels.

That's a thumbs-down from me.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is a big fat NO from me.

I don't want anyone speculating what is in my parcel.....they can always look up the seller ID and see what items they sell.

The only time I have had a problem with the same items from different sellers involves Chinese sellers....I just wait till all/both parcels have arrived before leaving feedback.  Or I don't leave any feedback if I cannot identify the seller.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

No thank you

More than enough to make it easy for scammers already

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

warning!

This is a recently moved OLD THREAD

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You could have let it fall off naturally

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah, davewil is right - by replying to it you've bumped it back up to the top, k1ooo-slr-sales.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

***sigh***

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I stand vindicated

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I feel we should change the terminology used when discussing threads of this vintage - rather than describing them as being an 'Old Thread', maybe something like 'Thread past its prime but still with a contribution to make' would be more inclusive?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply