Buyers who dont pay and waste your time

I recently had a buyer who changed her mind after winning the item, and chose not to pay. What is the point, of selling on ebay if buyers can commit, and then just decide to change thier mind? What a waste of time and energy. And the said buyer is listed as a 'Top Ebayer' despite my complaints to ebay and her arrogance and rudeness when I asked her to pay for the item she commited to buy. Even with filters there is no warning and such a waste of time and energy.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's all part of selling,sometimes you get a few non payers.Have you set up your buyer requirements?

Go to account

Site preferences

Buyer requirements-edit to say 2 unpaid item strikes in 6mths,locations you don't post to which is very important if you don't post O.S.

Blocking eBayers with unpaid item strikes weeds out a few problem buyers.

Add your non payer to your blocked bidder list,so that you don't have to deal with them again.

If you are a newby seller,you can open an Unpaid Item case after 4 days.It's under resolve a problem under the sold item details.This way you get your fees refunded & the so called buyer gets an unpaid item strike on their account.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

And she's a seller too, so should know better. As already mentioned, open an unpaid dispute against her. It can be opened 4 days after the item sold, then can be closed exactly 4 days after you opened it. Best part is, you get your fees back, she gets a strike and once the case is closed, she can't leave you feedback.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Funny that most in my buyer requirements log that were stopped from bidding had fb over 500,a few over 1,000fb.

I'm on selling holiday ATM but still  have to pop in to reply to fb & make sure there are no open cases.Very relaxing i must say.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I hardly call the couple of seconds it takes to open and then close an unpaid item dispute a major waste of time and energy. Spending time fretting and fuming over a non payment is a major waste of time and energy as is emailing them demanding they pay. Add them to your BBL and expend a major amount of time and energy clicking on relist.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Funny that most in my buyer requirements log that were stopped from bidding had fb over 500,a few over 1,000fb.

I'm on selling holiday ATM but still  have to pop in to reply to fb & make sure there are no open cases.Very relaxing i must say.

My buyer requirements stopped someone with 5 feedback the other day. Reason being, too many unpaid strikes. Now THAT'S sad.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It happens, you cant stop it. Its not the end of the world, but you can stop stressing over it. In a real world store people stick things on hold and layby never to be heard from again.

Auctions are the worst. BINs with paypal means they buy and pay all in one go while still in the mood. Once you have a delay between clicking bid and paying you increase the odds of change of mind (or noyt having the funds.

Auctions also encourage people to buy things because they are cheap, not because they must have it. Especially if they forget to factor in shipping in their haste.

Free post BINs have the least non payers. The best of all are the not bought until paid for options.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I like auctions but also purchase a lot of Buy it Now items. Auctions ARE fraught with danger for seller AND unwary buyer. I rarely bid on an auction earlier than the last few seconds of finishing. Bidding early increases the chance of shill bidding as well as the old "you can't outbid me" moron response of some buyers who will outbid everyone else and then - guess what? - we don't pay do we? As well as those buyers who have numerous bid retractions on their record - 30 plus one had on an auction I had to bid on early as I was going out. Oh yes, auctions are great, at least for a buyer - as long as you're aware of all the tricks.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Filtering & blocking not effective at all!  Frustrating because eBay provides these filter options but they don't work. I have applied the options and each one of my listings has it noted in the buyer requirements of the sell form but they still get through and commit and don't pay. My item goes 'off the air' for 10 days till its resolved & I can re-list it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, it's a pain. I can see ebay changing in the future, to a system where if people buy it now, it won't be theirs while in the cart, it will only be theirs once it is paid for immediately. Like all the other daily deal sites.

I suppose auctions will work differently but from what I can see, ebay is mostly small to medium professional type sellers nowadays so I suppose they will switch to buy it now once immediate payment terms come in. I know I would.

My sister has had hassles the last 2 items she has tried to sell by auction on ebay. One of them bid on a pick up item and blithely announced they weren't getting it next dayWoman Sad Nothing but  atime waster.

I tell you what though, when something is free, no one lets you down. I put some mulch on gumtree(for my daughter) and I am being almost knocke dover in the rush. LOL. They sure follow through when something is free.Smiley Happy (which is a lucky thing i guess as my daughter wants the mulch gone!)

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply