Buying 3d filament -- Very large annoyance

Open letter to Ebay

I fined it very disconcerting and even click baitable that when i search for rolls of 3d filament.

1 The sellers description and price matches and that is all

2 Dilling down in to the listing selection boxes appear the price is matches what i searched for then once picked on button on the page to select a product. Then the price changes to a much more expensive option

3 The sellers are working on loopholes in the dispaly listing very annoying 

4 If this is not fixed then ebay is not the place or platform to buy 3d Filament 

This is driving me to look elseware to buy 3d filament and a complete waste of my time

Thanks Kevin 

ps my driving fatcor is Price and kg

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay will not see your letter here.
Also they don't care about the problem your are having with searches, many have complained about that exact issue and ebay ignore all complaints. Sorry, not very helpful.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@andrewsk12013,

(I suppose this is an open letter to you, in a way.)

Just to clarify: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

The practice to which you are referring is misuse of eBay's Listing with variations option. Unfortunately it is here to stay, as eBay Australia cannot sanction Chinese eBay sellers (and it's primarily sellers registered on eBay.cn who misuse the option). eBay China won't sanction these sellers, as the rules and policies and indeed the entire culture are so very different in China and on eBay.cn to those pertaining to Australian sellers, registered on eBay.com.au.

You may want to read this post in which I address the history of eBay in China, and explain why eBay treads very carefully with Chinese sellers.

To avoid being a click-bait victim, don't click onto listings where there is a price range. You can also set a price limt in your search; the lowest price should be a realistic price for the genuine product. That will cut out a lot of the unrealistically priced made-cheaply-in-a-Chinese-factory poor quality stuff, and also a great deal of the listing-with-variation type of listings.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you for the reply @countessalmirena

As a consumer it is very disharting when there are dodge practices via sellers. ..  I do buy some items from time to time on ebay but as a consumer makes my time spent on the platform useless and worthless. I would not be alone with these thoughts..

As to contacting  Ebay .. This is my vent... Misuse of eBay's Listing with variations option should be fixed for the customers best  experience. Practices like these i will and do shop elseware online .. ie Banggood and Aliexpress

I know that i am one little person that throws a stone in to the pond which does nothing but if everyone throws stones in to the pond there wont be a pond anymore..

My Thoughts

Kevin

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply