Buying a premium product that can be easily counterfeited...

I am looking ot purchase a new GHD hair straightener and have found what appears to be a reputable seller who has over 72000 feedback and 100% (also a top-rated seller), they claim to be Sydney based hair salon. I am not sure really what that all means in the grand scheme of things but on face value they seem legitimate. They also claim to only sell authentic GHD products. I am only looking at this option as the product I am after is $100 cheaper than through the actual GHD website. Just after some thoughts about it all. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buying a premium product that can be easily counterfeited...

The item and seller look fine to me. They've had 496 sales from that listing alone with no negs or neutral feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Talia, given your seller's feedback of 100% in over 73,000 sales, and the fact that they and their stock are located in Sydney, I'd feel very safe buying from such a dealer.

Their prices aren't quite as low as I'd expected (that's what happens when everybody quotes RRPs which are meaningless) but they are certainly amongst the lowest and they do make a point of telling you to register your GHD when you receive it so your 2-year warranty is activated. There's no doubt that they're the genuine article though. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

cq_tech
Community Member
Do your research very carefully as GHD are one of the most commonly counterfeited items being sold on ebay, and genuine sellers' prices won't differ very much at all.

If the one you're looking at is $100 cheaper than retail, please post the item description here and we'll soon tell you if it's genuine or not.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Here is the item number 390620456252.

My friend who is a hairdresser said that GHD can be purchased in bulk over 20 and that is why many sellers can offload them for a cheaper price, but I still wany to be sure.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The item and seller look fine to me. They've had 496 sales from that listing alone with no negs or neutral feedback.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Talia, given your seller's feedback of 100% in over 73,000 sales, and the fact that they and their stock are located in Sydney, I'd feel very safe buying from such a dealer.

Their prices aren't quite as low as I'd expected (that's what happens when everybody quotes RRPs which are meaningless) but they are certainly amongst the lowest and they do make a point of telling you to register your GHD when you receive it so your 2-year warranty is activated. There's no doubt that they're the genuine article though. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for your help. I had thought they looked legitimate but wanted ot be sure.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I can vouch for that seller.

My neighbour is a hairdresser and gets most of her supplies from them and I have bought a hairdryer from them.....very good prices and very fast shipping.  My dryer arrived overnight and I only bought it mid afternoon.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply