Can malicious sellers avoid due reimbursements, leaving buyers out of pocket?

If a seller creates an ebay account and an empty paypal account then proceeds to scam a buyer by not sending an item can the seller avoid reinbursment by spending or transferring the funds they have scammed thereby having no funds to reinburse the dispute?

If Ebay can't source the funds from the seller to reimburse the buyer is the buyer not reinbursed at all?

Thanks, any information is appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Good question. Possibly. Years back I reported a bunch of new accounts all selling the same kind of sports gear. There were at least 10 that opened up aroud the same timne with the same picture of the equipment.  Ebay did close them down after a day.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@run-away3 wrote:

If a seller creates an ebay account and an empty paypal account then proceeds to scam a buyer by not sending an item can the seller avoid reinbursment by spending or transferring the funds they have scammed thereby having no funds to reinburse the dispute?

If Ebay can't source the funds from the seller to reimburse the buyer is the buyer not reinbursed at all?

To answer your question, if the seller tries to empty their Paypal account and you win a dispute Paypal/eBay will pay you and send the debt collectors after the seller.

4channel, did you read the OP's post ? Or were you replying to a different post ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@run-away3 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

To answer your question, if the seller tries to empty their Paypal account and you win a dispute Paypal/eBay will pay you and send the debt collectors after the seller.

4channel, did you read the OP's post ? Or were you replying to a different post ?

Give it a rest padi? You know I did.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

The answer you gave had nothing to do with the OP's question.

If you don't know the answer, there is a simple solution.

Obfuscation isn't it.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

The answer you gave had nothing to do with the OP's question.

If you don't know the answer, there is a simple solution.

Obfuscation isn't it.

I just broadened the subject a bit with some example relating to this subect. This is what discussion is all about davewil1964?

Gee you guys are johnny on the spot. Do you get beeps?

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Why would those posts be bleeped.....there is no bad language.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I just broadened the subject a bit with some example relating to this subect. This is what discussion is all about davewil1964?

Gee you guys are johnny on the spot. Do you get beeps?

4channel, the OP asked a question and you chose to reply with an experience of yours that had NOTHING to do with that question. Do you honestly wonder why I pulled you up on it ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

There's nothing wrong with my answer padi*0409? and respectfully I say to you that you do not get to decide what gets said here. Everyone has the right to give an answer and if it broadens a subject then even better. I did answer the seller to say that this is possible as well.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply