Can't use PayPal.

pb1b
Community Member

I have just bought an item worth in excess of $2,000.00 and tried to pay for it by using my PayPal account and Ebay stopped the transaction from being processed.  PayPal was a payment method listed as a way to pay.  The payment tab had 'Pay with PayPal but it wouldn't let me go any further.  I have been an Ebay member for years and have always used PayPal to pay for my purchases.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't use PayPal.

I used it a couple of days ago with no problems. So it could be a "Friday Gremlin" so try again later.

eBay have said that they were going to discontinue Paypal, but as far as I'm aware that hasn't happened for buyers yet.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can't use PayPal.

On this account?

What did the message that stopped you actually say?

I don't know, *maybe* eBay bots flags were raised since you have have no recent feedback at all and most feedback is 'over a year ago' ?

How long you have been a member really has nothing to do with it

A person could have been a member since the day eBay started, then got their account hacked and had someone buy something very expensive 

Is your PayPal linked to your bank/credit card that you put a limit on ? 

Sounds like a security measure to me

But you'd need to contact them directly if you want 'their' explanation 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Can't use PayPal.

I used it a couple of days ago with no problems. So it could be a "Friday Gremlin" so try again later.

eBay have said that they were going to discontinue Paypal, but as far as I'm aware that hasn't happened for buyers yet.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Can't use PayPal.

What is your daily limit / transaction limit in your bank account or on your card? 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Can't use PayPal.

I was able to pay with my card, which I did.  I have my Bank Account linked to PayPal and the daily limit on payments/withdrawals is more than three times the price of the item I purchased.  I received a reply from eBay telling me I removed this payment method, which is incorrect.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Can't use PayPal.

I’m glad you managed to make the payment.

I should have mentioned earlier that it’s Friday, Friday is notorious for eBay glitches.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply