Cancel Transaction

Hello all i bid on a item and the seller will not send to a post box i have contacted the seller and no contact back how do i cancel this item cheers Neill.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Cancel Transaction

you can't. Only the seller can initiate a cancellation. If the seller doesn't open an unpaid item dispute or do a cancellation then don't worry about it.

They are the ones losing out as they have already been charged fees on that sale. to get their fees back they will have to do one of the two things.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Cancel Transaction

Does the seller indicate that they will not post to PO boxes? Is the seller in the US? Is the seller offering courier delivery? If any of those are true then you are going to have to use a street address for delivery, if it is impossible to use your own address then get it sent to a friend or relative, you are very unlikely to get the seller to change their policy just for you.

If none of those statements apply unless the seller is prepared to send t a PO box there is not much you can do about it however if you don't pay you would have a very compelling case for ebay to remove an unpaid item strike.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Cancel Transaction

allfixelectrical
Community Member

The seller needs to initiate the cancellation from their end by choosing the option "The buyer asked to cancel or there is a problem with the buyers address".

That way they won't receive a defect from eBay and you won't receive any penalty either.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply