INR query, more curious than anything...

I ordered an item 3 weeks ago tomorrow (Syd - Rural Vic) that hasn't arrived. I msg'd the seller via 'ask a question about my item' so as to not trigger a defect on them. Seller feedback is excellent and they'd replied to a query before I purchased, so no reason to think there's anything 'off' about them.

It's only been 3 days since I asked 'just checking when this one was sent, it hasn't arrived, cheers' and I like to give people plenty of time to reply, so again no reason to be concerned really.  I just checked their items though and they suddenly have none listed. This is weird, I've followed their items for months and they've never not had any.

Now I wonder if something bad's happened to them (health issues, death in family etc etc).
I don't want to cause them problems, but I want the item or to buy it elsewhere. How long would you wait for a reply from them before opening a case? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would definitely expect to have received my item by now and if you don't wish to pull

their contact details and call them (which most people really would not be happy to do), I would open

a Paypal dispute now.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, I considered pulling their ph number but I figure if they're ignoring ebay msgs and have taken all their listings off, it'll either be a waste of effort and/or overkill for a $15 item that could possibly be still in the void of Aust Post. They did mark it posted on 27 May, so for all I know they've sent it and the delay has nothing to do with them.

Think I'll leave until the end of the week, I know there's been trouble with NSW-VIC mail in recent months, and if they still haven't replied I'll open the case.

Seems harsh if they HAVE sent it and something bad's happened to them, but I guess they know the rules (or should).

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

marked posted on 27th May, has only been 13 working days  (dont forget, we had a P/H in there).

I would give it at least until next Monday at least, then definately open an INR.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yes that's right, only 12 working days taking out Queen's B'day, so think I'll leave it for now.

Hell, apparently I could leave it 180 days acc to paypal, so no need to stress yet.

Was just curious how long people would generally wait. A month? 6 weeks/8weeks etc.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Was just curious how long people would generally wait. A month? 6 weeks/8weeks etc.

I allow 12 to 15 business days for domestic, depending on how many states away it is, and 15 to 20 business days for overseas depending on where from.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Up to very recently you had to open a dispute within 45 days so I am still conscious of that timeframe.

I always started querying where my Australian purchases were after about 28 days and overseas purchases after 35 days.

This allowed plenty of time to open a dispute if necessary by day 40-43.....never leave it to the last minute in case of glitches.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

If you have contacted and got no reply then don't get too paranoid about a defect. As long as you have made an effort thats all that matters.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Taa lyndal and lane-ends, good to get other perspectives. It makes sense to wait a bit longer.

Thing is, I want to starting taking the item! (it's a health supplement the doc advised, not urgent but I want to get going on the doc's plan) so I might try to buy a small batch elsewhere. Annoying, but likely not the seller's fault. 

Cheers all.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You're a very patient buyer.

I know there is such a thing as giving a seller enough time etc but what worries me in this whole saga is you haven't received a message in 3 days and as far as I am concerned, that is unacceptable in normal circumstances.

We can make up all sorts of excuses-maybe this, maybe that. But maybe not, either. And in the final analysis that is not your concern.

As the others have said, maybe give it a couple more days or so but after that, you will need to make an item not received claim. You're not being mean if you do have to do that you have been fair and you need some resolution.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply