Cancelation

5182barry
Community Member

I made a order by mistake and cancelled 2 minutes later when i realized my mistake .I made a request to cancel this order and the seller would not respond but posted the order 3 days later and refused to cancel the order .  This is very dishonest . Ebay will not help .

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Cancelation

How is it  the seller being dishonest?

a) Someone cannot order 'by mistake' buying is not a one step process

b)Sellers are NOT obligated to cancel anything, they are charged fees as soon as an item sells

c) You are not allowed to name and shame on the forum

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

lynsh84
Community Member

Well said Sandy.

I find it amazing/amusing how sellers are suddenly dishonest when the buyer makes a mistake.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

Whys is the seller dishonest?

YOU made the mistake and the seller is in no way obliged to accommodate you.

My suggestion is that when you get the item:

1) You leave positive feedback

2) You make a listing and sell the item yourself to recoup your money

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

It is up to the seller to accept or not...

From the eBay website:

Cancel an order you made within the last hour

If you made your purchase within the last hour and the seller has not yet sent the order, you can start a cancellation request, asking the seller to cancel your order. Here's how:

1. Go to Purchase history and find the order you want to cancel.
  2. Select the More actions drop-down menu and select Cancel this order.
  3. Select Submit.

We'll send your request to the seller and ask them to accept or decline the cancellation within 3 calendar days. If the seller accepts, we'll send a confirmation of cancellation to both your registered email address and your eBay Messages.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

Your seller is located in China with a terrible feedback score.

Most of us on this forum would never touch that seller in the first place.

However, my above post still stands.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

Yes, 97.7% positive fb I think (I checked a few minutes ago and don't feel like going to that seller's page any more, but I think it was just above 97.5%).

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

@5182barry wrote:

This is very dishonest . 

It's not  dishonest - for it to be so, the seller would need to advertise an order cancellation policy and then not abide by it. At this point in time, eBay don't provide for an official cancellation policy like they do return policies, so if a seller has one, it can only be in their description. 

The ability to request a cancellation is provided to all buyers, but the option to decline them is provided to all sellers, as well, so there is always the possibility that the answer to "can I cancel?", is "no". 

Whether or not a seller is "right" to decline a cancellation request if they are able to is a slightly different topic, but they definitely have the right to decline - as eBay facilitates that right, I'm guessing that's the reason they won't help in the denial of it. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

You need to read up on papermoon lady's reply.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. You somehow believe that if you request to cancel very quickly then it has to be done.

Not so, as everyone else has told you.

All you have the right to do is ask.

Whether your request is granted or not is up to the seller.

The reason it is recommended to ask quickly is because even if a seller was willing to cancel for you, they can hardly do so if they have already posted an item off.

I know you feel it is unfair they would not cancel because they could have done you a favour, they still had the item when you asked. Just remember for next time, it is not a given that a seller has to cancel. They aren't being dishonest, your wish is not their command.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Cancelation

A suggestion for future purchases:

Anything I am THINKING  of buying but am not definite I move to the cart.  There I can easily decide whether to buy one or more, see how much the postage and GST are etc - without accidentally buying.

If I am in no hurry or think I might be able to find a better bargain (but just in case I can't) I then click 'Save for Later'.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply