Cancelling order

I purchased and paid by paypal for an item from China (yes I know) and received a message from seller to say that their remaining stock had been damaged and asking if I wanted to cancel and be refunded. Item No.151749173690. The item is still listed with 7 still available. What should I do? I would still like the item and would like to know how to handle it best.   

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cancelling order

If they haven't given a time for more to be in stock which could be many weeks, ask for a refund.

The seller has probably left the listing up so they don't lose their place in the queue.

There is a new function to put the listing into O.O.S. but seller may not know.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I had a similar situation recently where the seller said that the item I won at auction was out of stock and would I like a refund.

I called him on it....told him if the auction item was sold out he could send me one of the identical BIN items which were still listed and still selling at much higher prices than I won it for.

It worked and I got my item.

A lot would depend on the item price.....mine was a cheap item so I did not have much to lose if it had gone pearshaped.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal. They said their supplier could not supply them with anymore. I would have thought that the item being in three sections they could  have rescued 1 set from 7 left. Anyway I will just put it down to experience. I will ask THEM to cancel and when they refund hit them with a neg. to join their many others.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Kopenhagen5 for answering.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I Think a NEg is a bit harsh as they were upfront with you and did offer a refund as well, so really you lost nothing, so do not see how that deserves a NEG.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with paco, a neutral at most in feedback.

Especially if you get a prompt refund.

image host
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with pacotrading also....a neg is too harsh when you have been offered a refund at once.   Negs should be kept for sellers who actually rip you off and cause financial loss or at the very least you need to open a dispute and involve ebay or paypal.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Oh you think a neg is uncalled for? First of all they are listing something they don't have for sale and secondly they have just relisted it with 7 available. I'm not in the habit of giving negs but I would call the whole thing a negative experience. Having said that I will probably only give a neutral if any feedback. As for offering a refund, what choice do the have as I would pursue it.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply