Cannot track my GSP parcel, worried

I bought an item from an American seller. The seller insisted using the GSP service, and did not give me the chance to pay extra for a more reliable delivery service.

Now, when I tracked the parcel on the USPS website using the domestic tracking number, it says the parcel is delivered on 26th of July. However, when I opened this order details, it shows that parcel is still in Cincinnati. Quite confused. I called the eBay, they said nothing but claim my back if I don't receive the parcel before 6th of August.

I posted the screenshot. Does anyone know what is happening here? Can I track the parccel anyway?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Cannot track my GSP parcel, worried

The FedEx estimate is usually when it will arrive in Australia.  It then has to clear Customs (usually very quick with FedEx) and then go to Australia Post for delivery.....that is anyone's guess.

I would go by the longest dating before starting to worry.

Despite what the GSP says about being a priority service it is definitely not.....they only pay FedEx for economy delivery.  On the whole the GSP is the slowest and most expensive shipping service known to man.  The best thing I have found about it is the tracking....usually very accurate.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Is there any chance that FedEx delivers the parcel? It is a quite small and light one. Wish it won’t be lost and come to me smoothly.
I was told by the seller that the GSP is “slightly” slower, and that is the only way she ships items to Australia. The item is at a very good price and complete my collection, so basically I had no choice but accepted it.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

It is unlikely that FedEx will deliver the parcel unless it is very large and heavy.

Australia Post is the service of choice for smaller items......FedEx uses the e-Parcel service with themselves as the sender.

If you live near Sydney the delivery will be quite quick......the FedEx facility where most of the GSP items are delivered is in Matraville in Sydney so it is just a suburban delivery to anyone in Sydney or surrounds.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Maybe just wait and see. Or even forget that I have a parcel on its way until the postman suddenly ring my door bell. It might make me easier.

GSP is shipping in bulk so why they don’t use real priority shipping service. It won’t cost that much compared to private customers. NAP offers DHL express for only 10 bucks and it is free for orders over 200.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

The GSP has a lot to offer sellers which is why they like it so much.

It provides the seller with free insurance and tracking on parcels and once the parcel is delivered to Erlanger KY the seller has no further responsibility.

The sellers are also protected from bad feedback in connection with the GSP......the feedback is just removed, no questions asked.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

So I can only leave neutral or positive feedback? That’s not good. I finally understand why the seller is so nonnegotiable.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

What does the seller need to negotiate about?

They have delivered your item to Pitney Bowes. Their obligation and power to do anything further has ended.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

As I said before, I asked the seller if she can offer me direct shipping. The item I bought is small and light. I am willing to pay for extra costs and take the responsibility if it is lost as long as she uses reliable service with tracking and signature.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@ya-831275 wrote:
As I said before, I asked the seller if she can offer me direct shipping. The item I bought is small and light. I am willing to pay for extra costs and take the responsibility if it is lost as long as she uses reliable service with tracking and signature.

eBay, however, will side with you if you change your mind and open a case. For Item Not Received, for instance, if it's a bit slow arriving. You have to remember that the seller doesn't know you from a bar of soap and has only your word about your honesty.

I don't and won't, sell overseas. If a GSP comes in here, buyers will be able to buy from anywhere in the world, but I will only have to ship to Australia, like I do now. Thus avoiding all the possible pitfalls of shipping globally - like people refusing to collect because there are customs duties payable.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply