Caution untrustworthy Seller

The seller sent inferior product and did not initially attempt to resolve. Once I rated the transaction as unsatisfactory they offered a full refund. However, the bribe was to amend my rating to more favourable. I did this reluctantly, which they acknowledged and assured refund in 3 days. 2 weeks later nothing and no response.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You buy from a seller in China with dubious feedback to start with

You could have opened and followed through with an item not as described dispute

You could have reported the seller for feedback extortion

But you chose to do neither, and instead, posted their name on the member to member forum, which is against the rules you agreed to when you joined

You are not a newbie who does not know how eBay works

Totally and utterly avoidable 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Always wait for the refund before amending feedback no matter what a seller says.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

When something goes wrong, open an ebay claim.

But what was wrong, exactly?

Did the product not work? Was it defective in some way? Did it not match the description in the ad?

If any of those things apply, you can open an ebay claim and follow it through for a refund.

Ebay does not issue a guarantee as to quality though.

So if you buy something on ebay and you are disappointed with the quality but it otherwise works and is as described, then you aren't entitled to any refund.

As others have said, never agree to change feedback before being given a refund or partial refund. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply