Changing Feedback From Positive to Negative Not Permitted?

I purchased an item on May 22 but it was unsuitable for the use advertised, as it breached a couple of mandatory Australian standards.  I then contacted the seller, and upon his agreement, I subsequently returned the item which was tracked as delivered to him on June 3.

He initially claimed the item satisfied the standards, plus he wanted to deduct AU$10 from my refund for his original "postage" —despite the item being advertised as "FREE" postage.  I escalated the case, and eBay refunded me the full purchase price (including the AU$10) on June 13.

Today, June 14, I attempted to alter my previously posted positive feedback, both on the strength of an accredited serviceman refusing to install the non-compliant fitting in my home, plus the ensuing difficulties and ultimate refusal of the seller to provide me a full PayPal refund  —given 10 days to do so.

Upon attempting to do so, I received the eBay message that I have no feedback eligible for alteration.  I understood that as buyers, we have 30 days to alter feedback.  Is this not true, or is there some other eBay prerequisite preventing me from doing so?

Any advice welcomed.  Man Happy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are not able to change or alter positive feedback. You could leave a follow up comment if you

wish by following link to Follow up to feedback left on right side of page

http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/forum/feedback.html

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are not able to change or alter positive feedback. You could leave a follow up comment if you

wish by following link to Follow up to feedback left on right side of page

http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/forum/feedback.html

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you very much for your timely response, and the link.

Much appreciated,

Geoff.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

my question was going to be "Why did you give positive feedback in the first place?"

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply