International seller quoted USPS but sent via Sea Freight.

Hi,

I bought an item and was offered as USPS Priority Mail International. I was expecting 6-10 days for package delivery. Turns out the seller has now sent the item as sea freight. Now the item is expected in 4-8 weeks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have you contacted the seller and asked why they have not used the service you paid for? A lot would depend on their response if it were me.

Where is the parcel coming from? There is no surface mail from the US and from many other countries there is no tracking on surface mail. Do you have a tracking number? If you are not prepared to wait and there is no tracking you can open an item not received dispute through Paypal and then refuse delivery if and when the parcel arrives after a couple of months. If it is coming from the UK then it is more likely to be 12 weeks.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it's the Canadian seller, I can't even see any completed listings for them ?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There are too many inconsistencies with your post for us to even guess where the problem lies.

First, there is no such thing as sea mai from the US....has not been for many years.

Is it possible that the USPS Priority Mail International is actually the GSP shipping....that service is called Priority Mail but it is not USPS mail....and the 4-8 weeks sounds more in keeping with that service.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

surface mail when it was available would take 3 to 4 months to come from the usa.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply