Changing feedback after sale cancellation

I think I put this in the wrong section (sellers) to get a reply, so will try here ....

I gave negative feedback to a seller who supposedly sent an item twice and I received nothing both times.

The sale has now been cancelled and I have been refunded.

The seller is asking me to change my feedback to positive, but if there was no sale, why can't the feedback be deleted completely instead of him receiving positive feedback for a cancelled sale?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have already replied to your first post.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Are you able to put a follow up comment to your negative one? You could just say that the seller refunded you in full.

Normally I would be all for changing it to a positive for a seller who refunded in full if there was a problem but it sounds to me as if the seller may not have posted anything, despite telling you he had. One thing missing I can believe but two things stretches it a bit.

Up to you, go with your gut feeling. If you want to change it to positive I think you can revise it. If you want to put just a follow up you can do that too & then buyers see more of the picture.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have already replied to your first post.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Are you able to put a follow up comment to your negative one? You could just say that the seller refunded you in full.

Normally I would be all for changing it to a positive for a seller who refunded in full if there was a problem but it sounds to me as if the seller may not have posted anything, despite telling you he had. One thing missing I can believe but two things stretches it a bit.

Up to you, go with your gut feeling. If you want to change it to positive I think you can revise it. If you want to put just a follow up you can do that too & then buyers see more of the picture.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks springyzone. Yes the item was supposedly sent originally and not received. A replacement was supposedly sent and not received ... strangely enough I noticed there was zero stock remaining when he did this I have a post office box so the items would have been secure at the post office if received. I dished up the negative out of sheer frustration and continually being told to wait longer (shame on me). I won't leave a negative but will put an explanation of the events (as you have suggested) with neutral feedback. Thankyou for your advice 🙂
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

whats the sellers old feedback like? any other neutrals or negatives on items not recieved.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, quite a few, but he also has thousands of sales.

How you can lose two large boxes (original and resend) between NSW and SA has me beat!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply