Chinese Sellers posing as living here in Australia

I am finding  the number of Chinese Sellers who claim they're in NSW or VIC overwhelming.  To me it's fraud, or at the very least false advertising.

If I choose to buy something from China / Hong Kong and the seller is listed as being from there, I will check out their feedback, and then make an informed decision as to whether or not to purchase the item.

Overall of the things I have bought from China / Hong Kong have been exactly as described.  So I don't have an issue with those sellers.

It's the Seller's who claim there in they are here in Australia and aren't, that pee me off.

I wish Ebay had more control over the Sellers alleged loation

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Been a problem for years.

Those sellers have zero respect for rules.

Even if eBay found a way to curb it, they would find another way around.

Always check where a seller is registered on the feedback page.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Not to be rude, but there are dozens of threads about this very thing.

All you can do is what you're doing.

Check the feedback for seller's country of registration.

But bear in mind, some Chinese sellers have' brother/cousins' in Australia who store

their goods and post them for them.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

eBay's new way to combat item location misreprsentation is to make it so the posage service selected has to be available at / to the postcode listed as the item location. 

Cos... that'll work. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yep ebay seems to be full of fraud but as the seller is in another country but listing as being in Australia they get away with it.

All in all ebay is getting pretty **bleep**ty and flooded with no legitimate items from overseas.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Believe or not that statement does bare some truth to it, a dead giveaway is the Seller they're here in Australia, free postage, BUT then you notice Import Charges.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@fiery_wa wrote:

Believe or not that statement does bare some truth to it, a dead giveaway is the Seller they're here in Australia, free postage, BUT then you notice Import Charges.

eBay will only apply import charges if the item location is correctly listed as outside of Australia. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply