Chinese seller - scammer

Be careful to this seller. She is dishonest. Don’t pay her in cash otherwise you cant get your return/refund with professional organizations eg Paypal, Card Ctr.
She refused to pay back my over payment (deposit) and she was trying to ask my account details.
I was advised by ACCC and card ctr that not to give her my account details.
Paypal helped to get back the refund of one order, but the cash payment (deposit) I paid to her was lost.
Don’t trust this seller, she is very greedy and selling second quality products that pretend they are first quality! She would pretend to be calm and nice at first, but totally face off when you are asking more info, exchanges or refund due to the products are not as description. She lies and make up stories.
She is now in paypal watchlist, therefore she doesn’t want buyers to pay via paypal.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Chinese seller - scammer

I like the blue and white Willow Pattern....it is timeless.   I prefer greens and bluey-greens though.

Dave, I have never broken any of my china in over 50 years.  I have a Corelle plate that was chipped on the tap when a friend was being helpful with the washing up.

My nemesis has been a set of 6 glasses given to me by a very dear friend who was not well off but they ticked all the boxes for size, colour etc

The first one was broken about 6 months after I moved in here and since then another 4 have bitten the dust.  I was as upset about each of those breakages as I would have been if it had been a piece of my very best dinner set.

My OH has managed to break a Corningware casserole dish....now that does take some doing.  I used it for 49 years before it bit the dust....or hit the kitchen floor.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

I like all the patterns.Smiley Happy

Put any of them in the right setting and they would shine.

The things I find harder to get enthused about are the plain white plates and dishes that are the rage at the moment. I like their simplicity, I understand their appeal, I acknowledge how well they can look when artistically filled. But there is something about patterned china that speaks to the soul.Smiley Happy More satisfying somehow.

Having said that, I don't have a 'good' dinner set. We have a couple of sets of square corelle in white & black (which would never be my choice) but I love the lightness and strength of them for everyday use.

I do have some cups and saucers though, different patterns, all special.

I think if I sold some fine china, I'd probably feel safer with pick up, I don't think a seller would be a scammer for offering that, although I can't see the transaction the OP was referring to.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

I bought some plain white plates a few months back. I was down to 4 of my patterned plates due to breakages. I didn't want to buy a full dinner set because I really didn't want anything other than the dinner plates. Spotlight had plain white plates on for 70c each, so I bought 10. One has since broken, but the rest are going strong. I wouldn't have normally bought plain white, but the price was right!

I have mum's vintage Noritake dinner set for special occasions. It was bought in Japan when the Tokyo olympics were on in 1964, as a gift from my paternal grandmother, before I was born. It was always brought out for special occasions when I was growing up. Now I have it. 

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

http://www.royalalbertpatterns.com/How%20to%20buy%20Old%20Country%20Roses%20by%20Royal%20AlbertMcCal...

Nothing related to the self pick up service. It’s about the backstamps and condition issue. First quality second hand is different to second quality second hand products. Believe it or not, the seller confirmed the products are brand new, never used and first quality, but it’s actually used, chipped and backstamps are marked with permanent pen. I actually overpaid the seller for a product and she is not willing to pay back. That’s it. 🙂 I am just sharing my experience here. Good luck to your shopping.
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Between, Paypal helped to resolve the dispute and I could get the refund back due to the product I received bot as the description. I only lost the cash payment $150 that I paid her as deposit. I treated as a lesson learn not to over trusted some people lol...
Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

I put together my favourite chinaware pattern dinner set plus extras... I motivated myself by planning a Georgian Christmas a few years ago.

The Georgian period is highly collectable for me; something about its restrained elegance (with curlicues and  embellishments added only within certain limits) appeals very deeply to my own sense of taste. I particularly love Georgian silver, and also have two Georgian writing desks - one of which is my especial pride and joy. I won this with a cunning snipe on eBay from a seller who also sells with Selling Antiques; I'd looked for a writing desk of such dimensions, quality and design for at least four years before falling headlong in love with that particular one.

(And it's mine! Mine!)

Anyway, that's the background to my taste, and explains why I was instantly drawn to the Wedgwood Edme pattern, in cream. According to Wedgwood, ❝The most aristocratic of Wedgwood's patterns, Edme dates back over a century and is characterised by sophisticated Georgian shapes and a design motif drawn from Wedgwood's original 18th century archives. The collection has an earthenware body, and features a smoothly harmonious laurel motif. - (It doesn't feature a laurel motif at all! More correctly, ❝The stylized, embossed ribbing of the elegant Wedgwood Edme design is reminiscent of the ridges of a clam shell, harking back to Josiah Wedgwood's love of shell collecting.❞ It's odd to see the Wedgwood site itself sport the incorrect information.)

❝Restrained and stylish, Edme is fashioned from Queen's Ware, a fine, cream-coloured earthenware developed by Josiah Wedgwood I in the mid-18th century.

The pattern, too, is historic, commissioned in 1906 by French architects and designers Dannier Frères and created by Wedgwood art director, John Goodwin. The source of this commission is reflected in the architectural ribbing.❞

I'm not enamoured of the Royal Albert Old Country Roses design; it strikes me as too fussy.

For everyday use, out comes a very simple set that's microwave-proof, but which shatters upon impact with the floor and creates nasty shards and splinters which require an exclamation of muted dismay (castigating one's own clumsiness, not the loss of a priceless heirloom)  followed by a thorough vacuuming of the kitchen floor.

I actually like the richly cheerful simplicity of Emile Henry's ceramic tableware (shock-resistant, classic stripped-down French design, 10-year guarantee) in burgundy / grand cru, and would probably like to have that as everyday tableware...

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Good pick.
Wedgwood and Emile Henry are always my favorite too.
For everyday use, I fall into Jacques Pergay, it’s simple, all white, and french design is long lasting.
Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

@gardegarde60 wrote:
http://www.royalalbertpatterns.com/How%20to%20buy%20Old%20Country%20Roses%20by%20Royal%20AlbertMcCal...

Nothing related to the self pick up service. It’s about the backstamps and condition issue. First quality second hand is different to second quality second hand products. Believe it or not, the seller confirmed the products are brand new, never used and first quality, but it’s actually used, chipped and backstamps are marked with permanent pen. I actually overpaid the seller for a product and she is not willing to pay back. That’s it. 🙂 I am just sharing my experience here. Good luck to your shopping.

I'd be pretty upset too, I must admit, if someone confirmed a product (any product at all) was brand new, never used and first quality, and I went to pick up and found it used, chipped and with permanent pen markings that should not be there.

With pick up, I think I would decline to pay and walk away. I did that once on an ebay item i bought. It wasn't as described.

I am sorry you've had a bad experience like this, very disappointing.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Ya, exactly. Also I found a backstamp printed as ‘Royal Alb’ ‘Bone Chin’ instead of ‘Royal Albert Bone China’ ...
Thanks for sharing your experience too!
Have a good day!
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Are you sure the last letters aren't missing because part of the backstamp has been scratched out, indicating it's a 'second'? Just asking.

I started off my Celebration set by buying seconds at the Royal Albert factory outlet in England, the year before they discontinued the design. I'd always loved Royal Albert but hadn't found a pattern I loved enough to buy it - until I saw Celebration. I bought 3 of everything and was going to get some of it posted home but then decided I'd manage to fit it all in the bike basket somehow (my 5kgs of luggage was on a carrier on the back of the bike).

I caught the train to Stratford after I picked up the china but the storage area for bicycles was full so I had to stand in the corridor and hold my bike. After one particularly rough bend the bike fell over onto the floor and I thought I heard something breaking and was terribly disappointed. That night I decided I may as well face things and see what had broken because there was no point carrying broken china on my bike ride the next day or on the plane home. Miraculously, nothing was broken.

I would have only had 'hand luggage' if it hadn't been for the china but it took everything well over 5kg so I wrapped some of it really well in my clothes, but it turned out the plane was only half empty and I was told I could take it all as hand luggage, so it all arrived safely home with me.

I have a Victorian oak writing desk that I picked up in an antique shop in Mount Gambier a few years back. It's relatively simple but with enough decoration to give it style, and a nice flat top - none of that fussy stuff on top, just a bevelled edge.
Message 20 of 23
Latest reply