Combined Postage

I emailed a seller to ask if they would combine postage before bidding. They said yes they would. I purchased 4 items from seller & have tried contacting them to send me a combined invoice, but they’re not responding. It’s been 5 days now. What can I do about this? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Combined Postage

At this point you'd pretty much have 2 options - pay the total, or not. 

Personally I would not - if the seller won't (or can't) respond to your messages, then it doesn't tend to bode well for other, more important aspects of a transaction. Even if there were no savings to be had from combining postage (sometimes there legitimately isn't), they are either intentionally ignoring you and failing to explain what the deal is, or something else has happened and it's not possible for them to reply. In either case it indicates an increased risk in following through with the transaction, IMHO. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Combined Postage

Have you asked for combined postage by sending them a message or have you requested a total from your cart? Although I am not a seller, I have heard that sometimes requests from the cart don't reach the seller.

If you have requested combined postage by sending them messages, I agree with digi and would not pay the total amount. If the purchases are cancelled and eBay opens a non-payment strike against you (or more than one), I would contact them via live chat and show them that the seller had agreed to combine postage and that you did request an invoice, but that the seller did not reply.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Combined Postage

At this point you'd pretty much have 2 options - pay the total, or not. 

Personally I would not - if the seller won't (or can't) respond to your messages, then it doesn't tend to bode well for other, more important aspects of a transaction. Even if there were no savings to be had from combining postage (sometimes there legitimately isn't), they are either intentionally ignoring you and failing to explain what the deal is, or something else has happened and it's not possible for them to reply. In either case it indicates an increased risk in following through with the transaction, IMHO. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Combined Postage

Have you asked for combined postage by sending them a message or have you requested a total from your cart? Although I am not a seller, I have heard that sometimes requests from the cart don't reach the seller.

If you have requested combined postage by sending them messages, I agree with digi and would not pay the total amount. If the purchases are cancelled and eBay opens a non-payment strike against you (or more than one), I would contact them via live chat and show them that the seller had agreed to combine postage and that you did request an invoice, but that the seller did not reply.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Combined Postage

Hi there, Yes I have messaged them 4 times requesting a combined invoice as they had promised, but they’re not responding. They’ve definitely been on eBay as they’ve listed other items daily. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply