Constant messages from seller trying to make me change neg feedback

I was unaware that neg feedback could be changed. I have a seller sending me message after message asking me to change my neg feedback to positive. I won the item 5 weeks ago, contacted them many times as it had not arrived. There tracking number on the item didn't work, so I put a claim into PayPal and got a refund. I then left neg feedback. Now they are telling me that it will reck the reputation of there business if I leave the neg feedback. They have over 50 neg for this month. I replyed that feedback is a way to warm others and share my experience and that if they didn't want neg feedback then maybe they should change there business practices. Again yet another message from them..... Should I report this to eBay?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Constant messages from seller trying to make me change neg feedback

stand your ground, they have almost 1000 negatives in the last 12 months and 751 feedback revisions!

Be careful when leaving feedback as you are not permitted to mention eBay or PayPal disputes in a feedback comment.  They don't need you to revise the feedback as eBay will remove it for them if they ask for it to be removed because you mentioned a PayPal claim.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, report it.

you had every right to leave that neg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

do a follow up to your feedback saying 'stop pestering me to change feedback' or similar
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have left a follow up and contacted eBay. eBay said they have taken further action however I then got another message from the seller asking again if I would change my neg feed back. Amazing how ppl think they can get away with it.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

i suppose when they have many negs and are skating on the edge of losing their account any possibility of a revision is worth the chance.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Why would you continue to let these emails annoy you? Just delete them as soon as they arrive without opening them then the only time and effort that is being wasted is that of the seller.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Well, normally if I were a buyer, I will do some 'Reference Check' for the seller first. If the seller got too many negative feedback during 1 month or 12 months, I would then turn around to another seller...So just be careful next time to do reference check before you pay money. For your this particular case, I think eBay will take action to those with so many neg feedback, so you don't need to do anything or change your neg to postive or neutral feedback. Good luck!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

"For your this particular case, I think eBay will take action to those with so many neg feedback, so you don't need to do anything or change your neg to postive or neutral feedback. Good luck!"

No they won't , there are sellers with far more Negs then that and ebay will do nothing

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

it's a percentage thing, or more accurately a DSR thing.

As long as a sellers stars are above 4.4 they are usually okay. Which in itself is ridiculous. Where else would 60% of feedback leavers rating a transaction 4/5 and the rest 5/5 be an issue?

For those complaining that some of us don't handle new board members with kid gloves, how do you suggest we handle new board members who think, rather than know what eBay's policies are? Not you ipoh, the person you replied to.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply