Contacting Seller After Transaction Completed?

Recently I bought an item which (initially) failed to be delivered.  I lodged a refund request with the seller, and he responded with a full refund immediately.  However, some weeks later (a couple of days ago) the item was delivered in good order.  I now wish to pay the seller, but eBay won't let me contact him as it sees my email as a breach of their rules.  In fact, eBay won't let me contact the seller under any circumstances.

My question:  How do I contact the seller to request a new invoice?

"Your message wasn’t sent because we’ve noticed that it might suggest a purchase outside of eBay."

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Contacting Seller After Transaction Completed?

If you paid by paypal...go to the invoice (their email is on it)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

It is great to hear about honest people, isn't it? I repaid someone a couple of years ago. Initially I wasn't going to worry, but my conscience started hitting me hard. I mean, REALLY hard. It was only for $10, but I had to do it. The first time it happened (it's only happened twice), I contacted the seller and told them it had finally arrived and told them I wanted to repay (I didn't know at that stage I could get their email address from PayPal). They replied that I didn't need to worry, keep it as a gift for being honest enough to tell them.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If you paid by paypal...go to the invoice (their email is on it)

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you kindly.  Have now done so.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

So refreshing to hear an 'honest' story, I'm sure many would have kept the item and said nothing while others would have shrugged their shoulders when eBay would not allow contact.  A pity there aren't more honest people like yourself around.  Glad you received the item too

Gold Star thumbs up.jpg

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It is great to hear about honest people, isn't it? I repaid someone a couple of years ago. Initially I wasn't going to worry, but my conscience started hitting me hard. I mean, REALLY hard. It was only for $10, but I had to do it. The first time it happened (it's only happened twice), I contacted the seller and told them it had finally arrived and told them I wanted to repay (I didn't know at that stage I could get their email address from PayPal). They replied that I didn't need to worry, keep it as a gift for being honest enough to tell them.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for your comment.  I think eBay needs to remove the ban on contacting sellers after the transaction has been completed.  In this instance, unless somebody had told me how to find the seller's email address (on their original invoice) the seller would've lost out on AUD$35.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I had a similar experience recently but I was able to recontact my seller to repay.

There were two separate purchases from the same seller.  I contacted the seller who offered resend or refund, I chose refund. Each time the refund was made by the end of the day.

Many days later (after it would have been too late to open a dispute) the items came. The difference between our experiences is that for me, I was able to easily recontact the seller each time. I was able to repay easily the first time, but for the second item the PayPal payment wouldn't go through so I had to wait several days.

It's nice when both parties have a win after a mishap!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yeah... I think it's really important that on-line transactions are completed to the best of the abilities of both seller and buyer.  Each has something to lose when stuff-ups happen, so it's in the interests of both parties to work together to get it sorted out.  I also think it's pointless of buyers immediately posting negatives to sellers as soon as the tiniest of hiccups occurs.

I see far too many negatives given when something is only a couple of days overdue—which is nonsense.  Or an item worth a lousy 99 cents is late or doesn't turn up.  Also silly.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@ausgeoff1946 wrote:

Yeah... I think it's really important that on-line transactions are completed to the best of the abilities of both seller and buyer.  Each has something to lose when stuff-ups happen, so it's in the interests of both parties to work together to get it sorted out.  I also think it's pointless of buyers immediately posting negatives to sellers as soon as the tiniest of hiccups occurs.

I see far too many negatives given when something is only a couple of days overdue—which is nonsense.  Or an item worth a lousy 99 cents is late or doesn't turn up.  Also silly.

It's surprising how many negs are from 99c items. Often you see something like "cheap junk, what a rip off". HUH?? You paid 99c for it your numpty, what did you expect, 24ct gold and high quality diamonds? The other one I love is "item never arrived. Seller sucks. EBay refunded me". For a 99c item with free postage.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

trek-8943
Community Member
To the person who supplied my dvd thank you so much good to have back in collection as my previous dvd cracked in machine Arrived in post today
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply