Could not contact seller on Ebay

sh105565
Community Member

I'm new to eBay. I bought  an item of Boost Mobile $200 100 GB Data 1 Year Prepaid Card Starter Kit in 10 July 2021. Finally, the wrong item was sent to me on 21  July 2021. After I contact the seller, she promised  to have my correct item reshipped to my place that I requested to do so and she said the item would be arrived before 30 July 2021. But until today (04 Aug 2021), I still haven't received my item yet and I've have been trying to contact the seller by email but could not reach her any more. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds very similar to the issue this person is having

I wonder if you bought from the same seller?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Could-not-contact-Seller-on-Ebay/m-p/2423561#M121638

Communication needs to be kept via eBay messages, rather than emailing

The seller has no way of knowing when the item would arrive by so any date they gave you would have just been a way to make you think, yes they have sent it and it will arrive shortly 

Have you opened any kind of dispute yet? 

It is not sounding good to be honest, if they sent the wrong item and are now ignoring you

What is the item number? 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just a quick thought I had... Could it be that you and the other poster are trying to contact a seller (possibly the same one, as sandy said) that is now unregistered because eBay thought they were scammers? In this case, I don't think it would work if there are still any links in your order with "contact seller", that's why you can't contact this person. Check their profile... just in case...

When you mention emails, do you really mean emails or messages? In general, email addresses are not included in orders, as buyers and sellers are supposed to communicate on eBay, so maybe you meant messages?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Stop trying to contact the seller and open a case as soon as you can.

If the item had tracking, DO NOT open a case for Item Not Received - you must open a case for Item Not As Described.

The whole thing sounds suss.

What is the item number?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Very suss indeed 

I wonder if as papermoon.lady suggested , the seller be have gotten the boot after pulling the same stunt ‘one too many’ times?

OP, did the seller want the wrong item returned to them? 

Was it similar to the item you did buy, or something totally unrelated?

Item number would let us check for red flags for you

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

In case the seller has really been kicked out... you still have all your rights, you can still open a case and you will get your refund. In many cases it is even quicker after a seller got the boot because eBay won't wait for their reply as it is usually the case with disputes. Usually (according to threads here) they say something like "There was a problem with this seller. I have issued you a refund." 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply