Counterfeit sunglasses

ozzyark
Community Member

I recently bought a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, I wasn't paying attention & unfortunately they came from a dodgy Chinese seller & they are counterfeit. 

So I put in a return, he supplied what he calls is a return label, all it seems to be is something with an address on it, there is nothing for Australia Post to scan etc... 

So how would I have proof of postage & it seems you only have so long for it to be returned, going back to China could take ages.... 

No wonder I don't use Ebay much any more.... 

So much easier elsewhere. 

Do I just wait until I can contact ebay ( a real person) & explain the return label is dodgy? 

Or what? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Counterfeit sunglasses

Did you open an official dispute through eBay or did you organise this through the seller ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

If you opened an official ebay claim & a seller from China replied by sending you a dodgy label, then yes, I would get onto chat because as far as I know, overseas sellers cannot issue an Australia Post label, they would need to reimburse you. An ebay rep should know that.

And yes, you are right, a Chinese seller isn't the best bet for authentic brand name sunglasses or authentic anything, on the whole.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

Really, you can use other sites elsewhere and not pay attention/buy from a dodgy seller and not follow that site's policies and get a better result on those sites?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

@sandypebbles wrote:

Really, you can use other sites elsewhere and not pay attention/buy from a dodgy seller and not follow that site's policies and get a better result on those sites?

Exactly,  and it's interesting they say they dont use Ebay anymore,  but they bought a pair of dodgy sunglasses,  plus some boots which gave them a blister,  which I amy add are actually a great brand of boots.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

And the one they gave the neut to for 'uploading tracking but not shipping right away' and eBay should'nt allow this

When it is eBay who does it

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

Guess you don't know how ebay works! 

They encourage sellers to post things quickly.... 

So what sellers are doing are supplying a tracking number as if it's been shipped... 

And EBAY are accepting it as proof of POSTING! 

When in actual fact the seller doesn't actually ship it until days later! 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

Actually - I think - you are still not paying attention.

Perhaps pay attention to expected delivery dates.

Doesn't arrive by that date - put in a claim - not as described - put in a claim.

The ball is always in the buyers court.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

heads up....I can post tracking number at midnight......eBay then assumes I've posted it....no, I will post in the morning....nothing to do with seller....longstanding flaw in the system

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Counterfeit sunglasses

The last time I had a return, eBay makes the item as sent as soon as I downloaded the label. I don't have a printer so the next day I went to Officeworks to print it. Then I had to go home and pack it ( because there is a second page that needs to go inside the box, you cannot pack it before you get the label!!!) then I had to take it to the post office ( or newsagent with postal drop-off). It did not get it's first scan until about 9am the next day.

If a seller buys the labels from eBay it will be marked as sent by eBay as soon as they get the label!! Even though they then have to pack it and either drop it with AP/courier or arrange pickup! It is not considered sent until it has received it's first scan.

And please look up the proper definition of the word troll. It is not someone saying something you dislike or disagree with!!!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply