DOUBLE CHARGED BY THESE SMOKERS

kronik-3
Community Member

hi, u have charged me for an item, asked for  credit card details so i have added them. payment has been taken out of my account but no purchases has been issued. EBay r u serious 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Which last shower did you actually come down in.??

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

A lot more information needed.

You have not mentioned, except in the thread title, anything about double charging, your alleged complaint.

You are not addressing eBay here, only other members. eBay neither read nor respond to board posts.

If you need to talk to eBay (rather than the members here who know a lot more about how eBay ACTUALLY works), go to Help and find an option that gives you a Live Chat window.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

What do you mean "no purchases has been issued"? This sentence does not make any sense.

Why does the heading say "double charged", but with no proper explanation of where the double charge is?

Do you mean you have not yet received confirmation of your order/s?

Is there anything in your purchase history?

Your post needs clarity.

This is a member forum - Ebay do not read here.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I don't think anyone here knows what you are talking about.

I don't, anyway. You haven't made things at all clear.

Do you mean you bought something and it hasn't been delivered?

If that is the case and the estimated delivery time has passed, you can open a claim for money back on the basis your item has not been received.

You say you have been double charged. Are you positive you did not click on the ad twice and go through the purchase process? Maybe you thought the first time didn't work & maybe it did. If you've been charged twice, then the odds are high you purchased it twice or else you bought two of them, whatever they are.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I am not sure what you mean either, particularly with "no purchase has been issued".

If you clicked on some link in a phishing email and paid for something you had not bought, it would be quite unusual. Sometimes these phishing emails say you have bought something that you didn't buy and ask you to give them your cc details for a refund. That's how it usually is with phishing emails. I hope you didn't do that (if you did, cancel your cc and change all passwords immediately), but as you also mention double charging, it is probably something else.

Double charging has occasionally been mentioned on this board because there is first an authorization, then the proper payment, and banks then refund the authorization, so there is indeed a double charge, but only for a day or 2 (while the payment is finalized). But you say you had not made a purchase at all, although maybe you mean the item has not been delivered? If the item has not been delivered, please do what springy suggests.

Please give us more details.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Further to what the others have said, you haven't actually bought anything from ebay. If you did make a purchase, you have bought from a seller who advertises their items on ebay. Ebay don't sell anything except advertising space.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds exactly what it was in my opinion

Some random email sent, saying something was bought and to pay via credit card

OP goes along with it

Scammer takes two payments to test the waters

Instead of acting on it, OP comes here and blames members for 'what eBay did'

IF that is the case, one can only hope the OP wakes up before the scammer makes a proper amount withdrawal 

Seeing's as they have not bothered to come back to respond , who knows

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

IF that is the case, one can only hope the OP wakes up before the scammer makes a proper amount withdrawal 

Seeing's as they have not bothered to come back to respond , who knows

I agree. If that is the case and they didn't notice it was a scam (they did not come back here to discuss the issue, so we don't know), there might be more mysterious charges - real charges.

Hopefully they came back to read at least and they cancelled their cc and changed all passwords if they think we might be right in our assumption.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply