Delay in posting Item.

trishreid88
Community Member

Hi all. Long time since I posted here.
I have a question regarding delay in posting. Would you mark down stars for this?
Purchased an item from an Australian seller with item location listed as NSW. I don't really like the phone case that much but I bought it based on it being in Australia and the shipping information. With the idea that this case would do until other cases I purchased from overseas get here. One of the overseas cases arrived today, much quicker than their estimated delivery time. This made me wonder where the case I bought from the Australian seller was. Especially since I won't be needing it now.
Checked on bought history and found that even though I purchased the item on the 25th, it was only posted on 30th.
In their postage description it states.

We will ship your order within 48 hours upon Receiving Cleared Payment except Sunday and Public Holidays.

For shipping to Australia, it will takes around 3-8 business days, depending on regions.

Recently the Post announced that all items shipping by air are now subject to x-ray screening for regulated materials. This additional screening has cause delay in shipment. Please be aware that delivery may take a few days longer than usual. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Now I understand that I bought this on a Saturday and they state they don't post on Sunday but feel a little let down that it took them until Thursday to post this.  I paid via paypal with credit card, is there a delay in payment clearance when paying this way?
If so whilst I do not agree with this business practice I will accept this is within the sellers terms.
If not do you think this delay in postage warrants a markdown on stars?
Item has not arrived as yet but if it arrives in good order I will leave +FB. Just trying to work out stars and what is normaly acceptable.
Thanks

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Delay in posting Item.

trishreid88
Community Member
Oops I should have read this sellers FB. My bad. I must say this is one of the only occasions I did not read sellers FB because it was such a low price item, seller was "Australian" and FB was over 99%. Lesson learnt but would still like your thoughts if the same situation comes up again regarding delay in posting an item. Thanks again
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

Edited because I didn't read properly.

Was this last week or this week?

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

Item was purchased 25th October. Sent last week 30th October.
Hope this is what you were asking.
I wrote this post and OP today 5th Nov.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

Why don't you wait until it arrives and check the postage date on the post stamp? Sometimes sellers forget to mark an item as posted. I had an overseas order marked as posted the day before I got it. Turns out it was actually posted the same day I paid.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

lolobgo
Community Member

Maybe they look are Cleared Payment as cleared into their own bank account? Not cleared only in paypal.

That can take an extra couple of days???

You say that you don't really like it, Are you really looking for a reason not to accept it? 

I agree with I love my sheep, Check the post mark. Sellers aren't in control of where the post goes once it's in australia posts hands. 

I had a package that was supposed to go from sydney to melbourne and it went on holidays to brisbane before it come down to melbourne. 

I've shipped items myself and forgotten to mark them posted at all.... 

As for marking the stars, well, you can hurt the seller's rating by giving them low stars.....  

As a buyer, as long as my items arrive in "good" time, i don't care as long as it's what i'm after. I really don't think that a few days here or there is too much to worry about. If it's a month then i'd be a bit worried.

Then again, If i need something straight away i'd go to a B&M store. (or pay for express postage)

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

I never considered what I Love My sheep said. That could make sense. However going back and reading their negative FB it looks as though this is an on going problem and many FB say the items were not in Australia as stated in listing.
I understand once a seller posts an item they can't control how long it takes to be delivered. That is not the issue. The issue is when they say they will post it and then don't. I will however see if what Sheep says has happened.
Absolutely am not looking to not accept it. It was a few bucks. I will either keep it as a spare or use it to modify the one I got in the mail today.
I just have a problem if item location is misrepresented and if they did not follow their guidelines and post when they said they would as this is the only reason why I purchased it. The B&M stores locally didn't have any. If they did I would not have bought online.

Just wanted to add that this is my buying account I used to have a selling account with thousands of FB but no longer sell. Just wanted to guage what is acceptable practice these days.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

So really I have 2 questions.
1) Would you mark down a sellers stars if they don't post an item when they say they will in their listing.
2) would you mark down in stars if item location is false, listed as NSW Australia but comes from over seas?

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

1. Not if it arrives in a reasonable time, no. Things happen.

2. No, because you can't give a star rating for item location. You can however, reflect that in the feedback, which I would do if it's not mentioned in the listing.

If the seller is a reliable seller, I wouldn't trash their stars unless they gave me a really good reason. Posting a few days late is not a reason for me to do it.

One thing to consider, if you trash a sellers stars for posting 2 days late, you won't be able to buy from them any more because they'll add you to their blocked list.

You seem to be fixated on this possibly posting 2 days late. I don't think it matters what advice or suggestions members give, you will still trash their stars.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Delay in posting Item.

I-Love-my-sheep
I appreciate your initial comment. I had not thought of that scenario.
However I do take offence to the last sentence in your latest post.
Do you honestly think that?

If you check the FB I have left you would see in all the FB I have left, I have only ever left 1 negative FB and that was for an item that did not arrive and the seller was most unhelpful. That negative FB was only given after I waited over 1 month for the item to arrive then contacted the seller numerous times, had to open a dispute and still no reply from seller. Paypal issued refund still no reply from seller. Only after I left the -FB did the seller reply to me.
Again other than that 1 negative I have only ever left full 5 stars.

Even on the phone case that has arrived, the glue is not the best and it is coming apart a little but no big deal it can be fixed and I still left +FB with full 5 stars. I did contact the seller just so they are aware of the problem for future but stated I was still very happy.

Now does this sound like  am an unreasonable Buyer who would look for any excuse to "trash" a sellers FB?
Not to mention that given I used to be a seller with over 1000 FB (100% positive) I fully understand how damaging it can be to receive poor FB or low stars.

Do you think that misrepresenting item location is OK?
I purchased 2 phone cases from overseas and then specifically used the Australian only search tool to buy this 3rd case based on it's Stated location and postage and delivery terms.
If you honestly feel that it is OK for a seller to misrepresent item location and not abide by their own terms and conditions then a seller should not expect a buyer to abide by their terms either.

However as has been mentioned the seller may have posted item within their stated time frame and it may be a case that they wait for the funds to "clear" into their own account. That is why I questioned whether credit card payments via paypal have a clearance time. I have not been a seller for quite a long time and can't remember.
Sorry about the long post but sheesh.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply