Delivery Address Change

manishv2
Community Member

Hi Ebay Team,

I used ebay after a while and forgot to update delivery address on profile. I realized about incorrect delivery address  after placing the order.

I have cancelled the order with in 30 minutes of placing order with an intent of placing order with correct address. However seller is not allowing to cancel order and not responding to delivery address update request.  I understand, I have missed reviewing order before placing. Does this mean I am not going to get ordered product and no refunds as seller is not allowing to cancel the order ?

Its kind of disappointing, big names like ebay does not have systems in place to assist customer with issues. Happy to pay cancellation fee and reorder with correct delivery address as oppose to loosing entire amount with order not delivered. 

Regards

Manish

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Delivery Address Change

If you just placed the order a few hours ago, the seller may not have even seen your follow up message.

Unfortunately, the seller looses their protection if they send to another address that's not on the transaction record - it really is your responsibility to double check everything before hitting the Buy button. The seller also has no guarantee that you will re-order - for all they know you've just changed your mind.

I did think that an order cancelled within 1 hour would automatically go through, but maybe things are different now.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Delivery Address Change

Thanks! jellybirddesigns,

I understand this is a buyer's error. Dont you think process here can improve to give better experience to both buyers and seller. Human errors are unavoidable, no one is perfect. However big names like ebay should have systems/processes in place to give chance to correct the error. Its bit of a surprise that simple feature of updating delivery address (before item is dispatched) is not available on ebay. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Delivery Address Change

cezm
Community Member

How buyers can cancel an order | eBay

The seller has the choice to accept or decline your request to cancel an order within the first hour

I imagine there are plenty of buyers who try to cancel after the event so it's probably one of the few things that has been put in place to support sellers

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Delivery Address Change

Even though the seller can technically refuse a cancellation request and go on to send the item, I think it is very poor form to ignore the buyer in a case like this - the only time where it would be reasonable is if the item has already been sent, in which case they could at least provide some advice / assistance on whether the package can be redirected. Personally I would much rather cancel an order and lose the sale if it came to that,  than send it to an address where the buyer won't receive it. 😕

If the seller does go on to post this order, you may have the ability to redirect it through a My Post account, if sent through Aus Post and the seller has included an email address or phone number on the postage label that is linked to your My Post account. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Delivery Address Change

@digi - I agree about it being poor form to ignore the buyer, especially when they have realised their error.

Over the years I have had a couple of buyers who have purchased and then contacted me saying that they realised that they had not updated the address. I'm usually fine with it and have always sent it to where they want it to go. Maybe I've just been lucky as I've never had follow up issues and the buyer is pleased that I was able to accommodate them. Some of them come back to purchase repeatedly from me - so for me it's looking at the bigger picture.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply