Delivery times being changed.

Why are sellers allowed to tell you that an item will arrive in 5 days and after you agree to buy and pay for the item.

The seller changes the delivery time to 14 days.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Firstly it's not the seller.

The estimated delivery times are dates given to eBay by AP.

Then after the purchase the dates will show to your location and currently longer as many items are going by road due to Covid -19.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Why are you blaming sellers for something that is not their doing? 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I blame the seller for lying to me, they told me the item was in Australia then after I purchased the item I was told it is coming from overseas that is why there is delay.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

What's the item number?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@wally3218 wrote:

I blame the seller for lying to me, they told me the item was in Australia then after I purchased the item I was told it is coming from overseas that is why there is delay.

That is more detail than your opening post provided. If you provide the item number someone might be able to clarify further.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@wally3218  Well there you go, you could have said that straight up rather than a blanket 'this happened and the seller did it' statement

Which would have gotten you better advice than adding to the story after the fact

THEY told you or the actual  item listing said it was Australian stock?

Is the seller registered in China with horrid feedback, by any chance

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Why are you blaming sellers for something that is not their doing? 

The OP in most their feedback left seems to imply that delivery times are down to the seller, when the fact is that if the seller posts within their handling time then the delivery time is completely out of their control.

To be fair, as has been said before,eBay should rename "postage time" in feedback to something like "posted within handling time"..........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I think this is a site wide problem because I've had at least 10 different buyers contact us in the past few weeks saying the delivery time was changed after checkout. They abuse us in the messages because we "changed it" and their item hasn't arrived and I check its 4 days off of the ETA? Arrives on time still but.
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

How can a Seller possibly predict when an item will arrive? Do you have second sight and know exactly what will happen tomorrow? Or is it only Sellers who are supposed to have second sight?  I have stopped selling because of the unreasonable demands that I should be able to predict the time and day that Australia Post will deliver. If I was that could at predicting things I would be very, very rich and not bothering to be on here at all, I would be travelling the world. It never ceases to exasperate me that buyers think that Sellers are some sort of magical beings with all sorts of magical powers and complain when they do not utilize such powers.

In my opininion, all buyers should have to undergo some sort of training or understanding of things that should be common sense, before being allowed to buy.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply