Deposit

mcgorhelen
Community Member

How do I place a deposit on an item?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Deposit

You can't. If you want to do a lay-by kind of deal you would need to ask the individual seller if they accept a deposit and weekly payments. Otherwise you can add items to your watch list until you have the money then purchase it, but adding it to your watch list does not put a hold on the item at all.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Deposit

You should also be aware that there is no Paypal buyer protection for items not paid for in one payment, unless you are buying a pick up item you should stick to using a paqyment method that has buyer protection, all sellers must offer either Paypal, Paymate or a merchant credit card facility.

For pick up items you should always pay after you have examined and tested the goods as they are sold as is and you have no comeback once you have paid. If it is a pick up item and the seller has agreed to hold it if you pay a deposit then get it in writting that you have paid $XX and that it is to be returned if you do not want to buy after seeing the item, I would imagine not many buyers would agree to that, they would stipulate the deposit was non returnable.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply