Didn't receive item. Contacted seller . No answer .How do I get a refund ?

Didn't receive item . Contacted seller via ebay . No answer . How do I get a refund?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Log into your Paypal account to find the transaction then go to their "resolution centre" and go from there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Would you not go through eBay first before PayPal?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Would you not go through eBay first before PayPal?

For an INR Paypal is best, and much quicker , for an INAD eBay's MBG is best.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

padi it's funny though because when you go onto your paypal transaction they state that a buyer should go through ebay

for an ebay dispute and try working it out with the sellers lol

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

eezi, that's just eBay trying to "improve your experience" of buying on their platform............................willy_nilly.gif

Spoiler
similar stategies are available for sellers too......................

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

padi it's funny though because when you go onto your paypal transaction they state that a buyer should go through ebay

for an ebay dispute and try working it out with the sellers lol

It is the nature of the beast.....ebay and paypal always try to pass the buck.

Unfortunately there are more ebay disputes that end in tears then paypal ones.   To a certain extent the disputes are the same.....in both cases you are expected to communicate with your seller before finally escalating the dispute to receive the refund from either ebay or paypal.

The biggest difference is that for items not as described ebay used to insist on the seller paying the return postage which made the whole process cheaper for the buyer.   In the paypal dispute the buyer had to pay the return post themselves.  Now, ebay no longer insist on the seller paying for the return and paypal has a promotion whereby they will pay the return post up to a total of $45.

The paypal and ebay disputes are now so similar that much of it comes down to who does it faster and with less hassle.   IMO that would be paypal.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The paypal and ebay disputes are now so similar that much of it comes down to who does it faster and with less hassle.   IMO that would be paypal.

Unfortunately lyndal, the postage return refund with Paypal is a long drawn-out process handled by a separate entity who demand at least 2 lots of proof the item was sent. Even a tracking number and photo of the item in the PO isn't always sufficient - they want a copy of the reciept as well.

Even with all that my last return took over 2 weeks for the postage refund - thank the lord I took the photo at the PO or else I'd probably still be waiting.........................

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

The last time I had to return anything for a refund would have been at least 9 years ago Padi and paypal was the only dispute option....along with paying the return postage myself.  Somehow it does not surprise me that the current process is made difficult....paypal has had a number of years of being owned by ebay and have learned some very bad habits.Smiley LOL

I know now not to bother with a paypal return unless it is a very expensive item and that is very unlikely as I am spending less and less on ebay.

I have had a few items not as described but not worth the bother of returning.....I just give them away to someone who can use them or give them to charity.  Nothing has ever been bad enough to warrant being thrown away.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply