Do I have anywhere to go from here?

I bought a towable water tube in early December for use at Christmas.($304)

Our family has bought and used these for around 30 years.

This one had a design fault, in that it would not let water drain while under tow as other tubes do and subsequently took on water and began to submerge. It was  used only once because of its fault.

i made a request to return it and the seller stalled the process. The last correspondence was from me and While I was waiting for their reply, the case was closed in favour of the seller.

i opened a case with PayPal and as I had no notification on the progress, logged into the resolution centre to find a message in the PayPal inbox to return the item, which I did.

The next day, after I posted the item, PayPal closed the case in favour of the seller.

So I have no item and am out of pocket $304. I applied to a refund for the $29.90 return postage fee and received it.

Does anyone know if I have anywhere to go with this? I have done what was instructed and PayPal still closed the case.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Do I have anywhere to go from here?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It appears to me that you did not follow the strict timelines needed to get a successful resolution with either ebay or paypal.

If the payment was funded by a credit card or Visa debit card you may be able to do a chargeback through your card provider if you act quickly.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply