Do buyers need to give eBay their driver's license ?

I have 2 accounts, one for selling and one for buying.  With the new changes and after spending the whole day trying to process sale, I have canceled all my listings, and will close the account once the last sale safely arrives at the buyer's place.  I am sorry I already gave them the info they wanted; in the end she paid me by direct deposit as we were unable to process the payment with combine postage for the 3 items .   It seems they also removed the option to offer direct deposit from the payment  possibilities.  Wonder if there is still "CASH ON PICK UP" option?  They want all the money to go into their account; they will make billions on short term money market. 

Now I am getting messages that I also have to provided the driver license and link bank to my buying account.  In this moment I have no intention of selling .  Do I still have to update? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you ever sell anything using that account?

I am a buyer (I have never sold anything) and was never asked to provide any new info or ID...

Regardless, if you don't intend to sell anyway you should still be able to buy.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have now and then sold something like unwanted gifts, which I did not want cluttering my selling ID. 
That's probably why I am getting these aggressive messages.  But I have nothing listed, and have not had anything for ages on this ID, almost a year.  They should say "If you want to sell .........." 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Cash on pick up is only an option if the seller selects it in the listing. The ebay fees seam to come out later when you pay your monthly fees.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, I know, but I am asking if the cash on pick up is still the option for the seller to choose. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply