Dodgy Sellers who flat out lie about their items!!

Anyone know how the heck I can sift through the dodgy **bleep** in vintage antique jewellery, to find ACTUAL antique vintage jewellery? For every 1 genuine antique piece, there are 50 listings that are just Chinese rubbish junk jewellery being listed as genuine antique FINE jewellery! What the hell!!?? How are these immoral scumbags able to get away with doing this?
I know eBay makes a profit on listings, but the amount of fake junk littering categories like antiques is just ridiculous! And the honest people who are trying to sell REAL GENUINE Antiques are missing out because their listings are being buried & rendered invisible by scumbag scammers' junk.
I've tried all filters, but I can't avoid the endless overload of non-genuine items. It's infuriating!
If any of you immoral scumbags are reading this, and you know who you are, CUT IT OUT!!! You're evil, and Karma will catch up with you for ripping people off...you'll see! What goes around comes around.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Falling on Deaf Ears I'm afraid inde23 ๐Ÿ˜ž  Your sentence, " I know ebay are making a profit " says it all. They don't care 1 iota. I can guarantee, not 1  Genuine Seller of Vintage / Antique Jewellery will disagree with you .

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Looking at the negative and neutral feedback comments you have received as a seller yourself - aren't you being a little bit hypocritical? Having a look at the sellers that you yourself frequently buy from reveals quite a few of those Chinese sellers who you say sell "rubbish junk jewellery". Been buying some stock have you? The bad feedback you yourself have left other Australian sellers is a little telling too. If Karma has caught up with anyone, I would say that it is you and what goes around has actually come around. LOL
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

WOW, couldn't agree more Drawer. 17 negs and 21 neutrals left for others! I'd say Karma is well and truly at work. One has to wonder why they would keep buying from sellers who keep sending 'dodgy' stuff. Looking at the feedback, sounds like someone else is selling junk too, not just the Chinese sellers.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi has anybody had dealings with a Chinese company called <Removed>

They advertise fine quality silk scarves?

I bought and paid for 3 on the 19th of october 2014, they emailed me that they had posted them on the 20th of October.

On the 7th of December 2014 when the items still hadn't arrived, I contacted them, they accused me of giving them the wrong shipping address, which I didn't. They finally said they would send the items again. Sent me an email saying the items were posted a second time on the 10th of December.

I have since contacted them numerous times with the same response, dear friend the items are on their way to you.

OK, so today it's 89 days since the first shipment was posted (so they say) and now 38 days since the second shipment was posted.

The items were supposedly pure silk, I'll never know as I've not seen them to verify that and as they only weigh arounf 150-200 grams each, they would easily fit in a small post bag. A normal letter only takes 12-14 days from China.

They have since sent me an email saying too bad so sad, we're not sending them again and we're not giving you your money back.

I would suggest no one else buys anything from them as they are obviously rip off artists. People like this ruin it for every one, but this has burnt me for good.

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM A CHINESE COMPANY AGAIN ... EVER! Lesson learnt.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It's a bit unfair to blame all Chinese sellers just because you didn't avail yourself of the buyer protection offered by Paypal and eBay. You had plenty of time to lodge a dispute within the 45-day claim period yet chose not to.

It's also a breach of Lithium's board posting rules to name and shame sellers, regardless of the reason, so you can expect the mods to come along shortly and remove the seller's name from your OP.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I regularly buy from Chinese sellers and have never had an issue. There were some major shipment delays on items sent mid to end October (a few people mentioned the same thing on the forums) and even though the 45 days had well and truly passed, ALL my sellers said they would give a full refund if my items didn't arrive. I never asked for a refund, I just sent a courtesy message saying the items hadn't arrived, just so they knew. Thankfully they all eventually did arrive, but I KNOW they would have refunded me if they didn't.

I think when it comes to Chinese sellers, you have to be selective about who you buy from. Most people who get caught with Chinese sellers don't check their feedback. They see cheap price and that's all they see. They don't see that the seller has atrocious feedback. Most of my sellers are high volume and have 100% feedback. The others are 99.8 or 99.9%. Their negs are from buyers who didn't contact them first, they just negged them. One of them sells mineral specimens and clothing and all their negs are for the clothing lines.

The ID left above is incorrect (doesn't exist), so no way of checking whether that seller is one who has a poor track record. I would take a guess and say they do have a poor track record. Things I would never dream of buying from China, phones, electronics, clothing. Only reason I wouldn't buy clothing is their sizing is much different to ours and a size L is often a size S. Electronics, well that speaks for itself. Although, I did notice a few really cheap Makita 18V cordless drills yesterday and for less than $25, I might have to buy 10!!!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I no longer do any off-shore buying on eBay, preferring to deal with Chinese sellers through AliExpress, and not only have I never had any problems, I've received nothing but extremely friendly and courteous service from everyone with whom I've dealt.

One seller from whom I'd ordered 2 of the same item had accidentally only supplied one, and upon emailing him, he couldn't have been more apologetic. He immediately sent me the outstanding item AND refunded half the cost of my order!

Unlike eBay, sellers on AliExpress don't get paid until the buyer acknowledges receipt of their item(s) as the money is held in escrow for 60 days or until the goods have arrived, whichever comes first. Any disputes and they don't get paid - simple as that.

It's a great incentive for them to do the right thing but it wouldn't work on eBay because here you're dealing mainly with individuals who don't want to be without their money until the buyer has received their goods (see what happened when Paypal tried that?).
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Sounds like you sellers are very similar to mine. They can't do enough to ensure you're happy and will bend over backwards to help. I've had to stop them issuing a refund or resending when they have got confused with a message I sent! The delayed Oct shipments, I sent all the sellers a message when they arrived and a couple got confused and thought I was telling them they hadn't arrived. In the end, I got a Taiwanese friend to send them a message in their own language to let them know, so they didn't refund my for items I had received!

I had a look at Ali a month or so ago, but most of the things I buy (mineral specimens and fossils) were way out of my price range. I tend to buy them at auction because they go for far less than their BIN prices (sometimes several hundred $$ less).

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If you're prepared to buy in reasonably large quantities, you'd be better off going through Alibaba rather than AliExpress which is geared more towards individual buyers and small resellers as opposed to larger businesses, although some sellers on Alibaba will supply smaller quantities of between 1-100 pieces, depending upon the product.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply