LED LIGHTS AND ENTERAINMENT GEAR FROM CHINA TOO CHEAP

There are a few China company's selling Cree car led driving lights, car dvd players, movie/ tv/dvd projectors, Makita 18v drill sets and more all for under $25. I know for a fact the led lights should be around $200, The postage would exceed that. I have check out feed back ?? but it's looks genuine. Many units have sold and I hope the **bleep** dont hit the fan in a few weeks if the items don't turn up.

Carefull Guy's I think I may have been stung, THANK GOD FOR PAYPAL.

David

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If it looks too good to be true then................

Not getting the item is the least of your problems, you  may get it to find it is fake, or not to Aus Standard, any number of things.

Only ever buy this sort of thing from a BM, get a warranty, and see what you are buying - or if you must purchase on line, only buy from an Aus based eBay store and check he feedback carefully.

Yes, Thank God for paypal, glad you used it, many don't sadly.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

David, It's the old saying I'm afraid, "if it looks to good to be true, then it ain't "  Personally, I avoid the Chinese sellers like the plague unless it's something really cheap that if it isn't any good I can toss it.  I certainly wouldn't be spending big $$ on anything.  As you mentioned also, I always check out the FB 1st. Not the Pos either, the Negs !!!!  Hope all goes well for you

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@123-d-sharbel wrote:

There are a few China company's selling Cree car led driving lights, car dvd players, movie/ tv/dvd projectors, Makita 18v drill sets and more all for under $25. I know for a fact the led lights should be around $200, The postage would exceed that. I have check out feed back ?? but it's looks genuine. Many units have sold and I hope the **bleep** dont hit the fan in a few weeks if the items don't turn up.

Carefull Guy's I think I may have been stung, THANK GOD FOR PAYPAL.

David

First of all, if you haven't paid yet, DON'T. The cree lights you bought on the 15th (131373959431), that seller has atrocious feedback. 108 negatives in the last month alone. Most for not arrived, or inferior products. ALWAYS check a sellers feedback. Despite the seller saying they are in Sydney, they are in China. Those lights were also listed in the kitchen apron category, so if you have paid, you can make a claim. If you've paid and it doesn't arrive, DO NOT let the seller string you out past the claim cut off date. Dodgy Chinese sellers are good for that.

The other cree lights you bought on the 15th (261725045049) and the other light bar, that seller is also a Chinese seller with atrocious feedback. They are in a category that does NOT have buyer protection, so if you haven't paid for them, request a cancellation.

I will say again, ALWAYS check a sellers feedback and ALWAYS check where they are (by looking at their feedback, not the location in the listing). If something sounds too good to be true,, then it probably is. If you are unsure, come here and leave a message with the item number and the experienced members can let you know if it looks dodgy.

ALWAYS check the category for items you buy as dodgy Chinese sellers are listing things in categories that have no buyer protection, like pocket bikes or go carts. More recently, they have been listing them under truck parts and trailers. Anything in the cars category doesn't have buyer protection.

Lastly, stay away from the cheap Makita's. Those sellers are scammers. The items are never sent because they don't exist. Several weeks later, the negatives start rolling in, the seller gets shut down when their feedback hits -4 and they are always listed in a category with no buyer protection. A lot of low feedback buyers fall for these scams and don't know that there are ways that they can get their money back. In view of that, it is worthwile for the scammers to continue because when most go to make a claim, they are told they can't and then leave it at that. The scammers get to keep the money.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice. the lights from the so called Sydney based company has been interesting. In the past 3 days I have made contact about delivery, I recieved a email saying they ship from China, so I got **bleep** off and sent email suggeting they are decitfull, the light was advertised 3/4 days delivery not 20 / 30 as the email suggested. Aswell the light better be giving me a cheap knock off of the brand I brought and they advertised a Cree brand.

They responded with tracking number Aus Post genuine, I checked out and it shows in transit and sent from Australia. HOLDING MY BREATH ???

As for the other 2 lights from the declaired China seller, Ebay has suspended there account and sent a note, "the ad was removed due to no stock, error in listing and to not be cocerned the sale should go thru and to keep track of parcel via the tracking number. Yes a trcking number is on the products and marked as sent. AGAIN HOLDING BREATH ??.

There is still a couple of these companys advertising super cheap lights and entertainment units, I al so see they have sold heaps and still going. I have one thing that I noticed they have sold 150 units and other pronucts and the rating number has not changed from 50 in two weeks, whats going on there ??.

All the products I brought are listed as posted 3 with tracking and 2 without, I will let you all know how it turns out.

David

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sometimes these listings can be deceptive.

At a time when there were a lot of Chinese sellers listing as being in Australia I was after a bulk lot of plastic sleeves for DVDs and CDs.  I wanted a certain type but other than that I wanted the cheapest possible price.

What I found was supposed to be located in Sydney but the listing had all the hallmarks of coming from China, right down to the cheap price with the make an offer option.  I made an offer....just 5% off, it was accepted and I paid about 4pm in the afternoon and sat back to wait for my item to arrive from China in a few weeks.  I nearly fell over when it was delivered at 7am the next morning by Australia Post.  That is definitely a seller I will use again.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Cree manufactures more LED single units than they actually manufacture lights.

Cree encourage lighting manufacturers to advertise that they use Cree LED's in their product.

So to put it simply it's just like a lighting shade manufacturer stating that they use Osram globes in their product

thus chinese design ripoff lighting manufacturers can sell you an inferior product using outdated "Cree" brand leds in

that product but include the Cree brand name in their advertising legally....and Cree encourage it

I don't like it but please do not shoot the messenger.

As an example a CREE LED 1000 Lumens Torch is not a Cree product but is a product made by another

manufacturer using a 1000 lumen cree led as the lighting component in that product

http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-and-Modules/Why-Cree/Lighting-Manufacturers

extensive Application Experience

As a company with more than twenty years experience in the LED lighting business, Cree has seen it all.

This is why Cree is uniquely able to support lighting manufacturers in their design and development. Cree is the only LED manufacturer that offers a comprehensive suite of thermal, electrical, mechanical, photometric and optical (TEMPO) testing for LED luminaires to help lighting manufacturers overcome design challenges, improve product quality and give confidence to their buyers.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

here is a list of the LED COMPONENT products that the company provides to other lighting manufacturers

http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-and-Modules/Products

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The company below is a reputable australian lighting manufacturer.

They use Cree leds in the production of their "dominator" series of light bars.

So the light is branded as a "Peak" light but uses  Cree leds in the manufacture of the "peak" light bar assy.. These are

awesome light bArs BTW.

In the B and M world I sell oodles of them. The tech info on the site may help you make a decision on lightbars into the

future

http://www.peaklighting.com.au/technical.html

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply