Dodgy sellers

I bought this item from eBay seller. The sent the wrong item so I opened a dispute, "I received an item that wasn't as described". I have returned the item yet this dispute does not appear in my resolution centre page or in my Returns. Why is this, why do you, eBay, delete my dispute with this seller and try to cover all up?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Dodgy sellers

was that in July this year?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Why do you address other buyers and sellers as 'eBay' and blame us when nobody from eBay is reading posts here?

Especially  when can not even abide by simple forum rules ?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@grey_lycan wrote:

I bought this item from eBay seller. The sent the wrong item so I opened a dispute, "I received an item that wasn't as described". I have returned the item yet this dispute does not appear in my resolution centre page or in my Returns. Why is this, why do you, eBay, delete my dispute with this seller and try to cover all up?

Hi grey_lycan, sorry to hear of your bad experience. Many of us have been ripped off by some dodgy sellers and myself and a former associate have been victims of minor fraud.

Anyway, how did you get ion. Have you been refunded yet?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi grey_lycan,
I have a similar case recently with the ebay seller and ebay. Don’t trust the dispute system. It seems ebay is protecting the seller and allow seller doesn’t give refund to customers.
You can raise a dispute with Paypal (Ebay actually created a guest account via Paypal for customers) or directly to your card ctr if you were paying by cc. Ebay wouldn’t tell you about the guest account in Paypal until they suspect it’s a big issue! In my case, Ebay first closed the dispute for my refund (product not as description!), then the seller was trying to ask for my bank details like a scam, and I also suffered a lost to overpay the dishonest seller! After that, I reported to ACCC, and then Ebay agreed to give me the details to get refund via Paypal!
The cheater seller still owe me money and I just reported my case to The Fair Trade as well!
Good luck to you! Hope my info helps you to resolve your problem!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@gardegarde60 wrote:
Hi grey_lycan,
I have a similar case recently with the ebay seller and ebay. Don’t trust the dispute system. It seems ebay is protecting the seller and allow seller doesn’t give refund to customers.
 Ebay wouldn’t tell you about the guest account in Paypal until they suspect it’s a big issue! In my case, Ebay first closed the dispute for my refund (product not as description!), then the seller was trying to ask for my bank details like a scam, and I also suffered a lost to overpay the dishonest seller!

The only thing the seller could've done with your bank account details is to deposit money into that account.

So you asked for a refund and when the seller was going to give you the refund by requesting your bank details

so they could deposit the money into the same source that paid for it you wouldn't give them the bank details for

them to do so? (bank deposit doesn't have fees attached to it like Paypal has and would be why the seller

asked for it).

99 percent of the time eBay will side with the buyer and if the buyer has paid via a secure payment option they

will win the dispute and be reimbursed.

If the buyer has paid with an unsafe payment option such as bank deposit then eBay can do nothing to retrieve

that money and they have no option but to close the dispute in favour of the seller.

Before you buy anything else make yourself aware of the rules and what's involved with all payment options

and why some are regarded as unsafe (mainly due to eBay not being able to retrieve that mone if a dispute is

opened).good.gif

So the only fault here lies with you and maybe try contacting the seller and ask if they will reimburse you as they

implied by asking for your bank details (without your secure password no one can access your bank details).

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

My dispute is related to ‘item not as description’, Paypal and cc ctr are helping to refund the money to me now.
Thanks for your advice!
Have a good day!
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@gardegarde60 wrote:
My dispute is related to ‘item not as description’, Paypal and cc ctr are helping to refund the money to me now.
Thanks for your advice!
Have a good day!

You have already stated several time that you have had your money returned by paypal.....now you say paypal and your credit card provider are helping you get a refund.   So which is it?  

And just for your information.....if you have applied to both paypal and your card provider at the same time you will find both claims cancelled and you will get nothing.   The rules state that only one claim may be made at a time, not multiple claims.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply