Don't wait 90 days to complain. Too short a time frame for complaints.

I can't complain about an itme not arriving because was over 90 days ago?.  It had to be re-ordered from Overseas.  My item is now re-selling, but they did not send me mine after waiting for the new imports.  I complained several times, their exuse was, we are understaffed.  No excuse not to reply my message properly OR TO ACTUALLY FILL MY ORDER.  $450.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay give you 30 days from latest ETA date to open a dispute (although it does not sound  like you did, or wanted to do so,but rather just complain)

PayPal give six months

100% spot on when you say do not wait 90 days to complain 

Complaining does nothing, in as much as it is not official in eBay's eyes, nor will it get you a refund

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You have 30 days past the last ETA of the item with eBay's MBG and 180 days after the purchase date with Paypal for a dispute with their Resolution Centre.

NEVER go with the promise of the seller resending the item, ALWAYS go for your money back.

Edit. G'day sandy...............snap.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@randoolymiester wrote:

I can't complain about an itme not arriving because was over 90 days ago?.  It had to be re-ordered from Overseas.  My item is now re-selling, but they did not send me mine after waiting for the new imports.  I complained several times, their exuse was, we are understaffed.  No excuse not to reply my message properly OR TO ACTUALLY FILL MY ORDER.  $450.

The thing is to get in early and do an "item not received" or "not as described" claim after the ETA has been passed. Politely let seller know that this is merely to cover yourself and nothing personal. If item arrives before 2 months is up then you can cancel claim and reimburse seller.

I have been caught. Once by  seller who said that he would send me a repplacement from his own personal collection. I forgot about it and never got it. Too late to do anything.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I think sandypebbles summed it up. 

That's a lot of money to lose. Take no notice of anything the seller says now, you've missed the boat for an ebay claim by the sounds of it, but you are still in time to open a paypal claim. 

Don't worry about complaining or feedback, just work on getting your money back.

Moral of the story is never let a seller string you along, and along, and along. If the item isn't there in time or soon after, open an item not received claim with ebay and finalise it a few days later. You'll get your refund plus a chance to leave feedback that way.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I have same experience. Seller tried to procrastinate as they know the policy. So don’t trust the seller if they keep on asking you to wait.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It tooka ges to get a reply, and when they did all I got was aplogies about being short staffed.  I thought it would get sorted, they actruall had the items I wanted in stock, but just as the time limit ran out, then they ask me to make a claim, I think they know the scam.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

So fair to tell everyone I can not to trust the seller?.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply