Dont Buy From This Seller

This is the message the seller sent me.  Now he does not reply, nor has he sent me a replacement.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT SCAMMING SELLER

Dear buyer,

The shipping might have been a little delayed.

In order to protect your right,we would like to resend you free one.It need 7 days to arrive.

If you receive double parcels, please refuse to sign one of them, and return it to us automatically, do you agree?

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Pointless to warn other not to buy from a scammer you yourself chose to buy from in the first place

Plus the name will be removed by a mod, given you agreed not to 'name and shame' when you signed up

Far better you open and follow through with an item not received dispute before the time limit expires and not wait and until it is too late to do so

And care enough about who you buy from to check feedback

The seller is registered in China with horrid feedback

97.5 % for a high volume seller

Pages and pages of negs 

Stop supporting sellers like this 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Oh for goodness sake - not again. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

OP, you cannot name and shame sellers on these boards.

What you can do is

• always check the seller’s country of registration (by clicking onto their feedback percentage) so that you can make an informed choice if the seller is in China, for instance

• always check negative feedback over last 12 months to see if there’s a pattern

• in most cases, if a high volume seller has less than 99.5% as their feedback score, avoid buying from them

• if an item doesn’t arrive by the latest EDD (Estimated Delivery Date), don’t wait too long before opening a refund request (as you have only 30 days from the latest EDD to open it)

• if you’ve opened a refund request based on INR (item not received), don’t let the seller convince you to close it before being officially refunded

• if you’ve opened that refund request, don’t let the seller string you along without a resolution, because the request will automatically close (without refund) after 21 days and can’t be reopened

• if the seller hasn’t refunded you within 3 business days, escalate by asking eBay to step in (as soon as the option appears in the dispute).

But by far the best strategy is to buy from sellers whose eBay accounts don’t have any red flags. I do not purchase from eBay.cn sellers as a rule.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You need to learn how to protect yourself on ebay.

If you buy and an item doesn't arrive or is faulty, open a proper ebay claim. Do so within 30 days of the expected arrival. 

Don't close the claim, no matter what a seller says. Carry through with it till you get a refund.

I also noticed you said in one feedback about a seller that you lodged a paypal claim against that they wouldn't 'go through paypal'.

Snowleopard, that doesn't matter. If they refuse to reply, that is to your advantage because what you have to do after about 7 days, I think it is, is go back into the claim and finalise it. You tick whatever box is in there to say the issue has not been resolved and once you do that, paypal will refund you.

If you open a claim with ebay or paypal then just never return to it, it will lapse. You have to go back in and close it.

With paypal, if the seller does not answer at all, you would automatically win the claim.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply