Duplicate auction listings

kapootag
Community Member

Hi all, I have just won an auction but I see that another listing by the same seller has also been won by another person. I've contacted the seller about my concern but he has not responded and I will have to pay within 2 days, what should I do about this?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would just pay for your item.

If a mistake has been made and the same item has been listed twice you will either get your money back from the seller or you can open a dispute for item not received.

The reason I say to pay immediately....if there is only the one item the first to pay will get it.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What is the item number ?

Then we can look to see if anything comes up as suspicious.

The seller may have had 2 identical items to sell.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, this is the item that i've won: 324032705044

This is the supposedly duplicate one: 324032705831

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

How do you know they only had the one of them? hardly a rare/hard to find item ?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, I'm quite new to eBay so once I get a reply I'll let you guys know, thanks anyways

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I would just pay for your item.

If a mistake has been made and the same item has been listed twice you will either get your money back from the seller or you can open a dispute for item not received.

The reason I say to pay immediately....if there is only the one item the first to pay will get it.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

They've sold 3 of this item and as they've sold very few items overall I'd be wondering whether they had a non-payer on the first item and accidentally relisted it twice.

I don't know why anyone would pay that much for a used item that could be almost at the end of its life.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Probably because the seller has been mining with them and has many.

I would be wary of buying a card that could have been used for mining.

image host
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply