EBay deducted me $48.99 for not buying

I just received a notification from the bank that told me eBay debit me $48.99 for shopping, but I did not buy anything, and I checked the purchase history nothing on the list. The money was taken by a website name is ebay.com.au/cc Sydney NSW 20.  what is that for? I only buy things on eBay and I have never sold anything.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Is the notification genuine? In other words have you gone to your bank online and seen the charge?

Or is there a link in the message which encourages you to click it?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Jellybirddesigns might be right. It sounds a bit suspicious. PayPal sends an email when you buy something, but banks don't - well, I never received a notification when I bought with my cc at least. The name of the website sounds a bit weird too, and Sydney postcode is 2000 and not 20.

I wouldn't click on any links until you are sure the notification is genuine.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Have you joined Ebay Plus?  It sounds very much like the amount that membership to that costs

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

... or maybe you have forgotten to cancel your membership at the end of the trial period (for eBay Plus) if you didn't really want to be a member?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Yess I don’t want to be member ebay plus

I want to cancel please 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

bujj_40
Community Member

And I want refund my money please 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Contact eBay then.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@bujj_40

From another reply that I gave to another eBay member who also used the eBay Plus free trial:

What has very likely happened is that you took up eBay's offer of a free trial of eBay Plus.

Yes?

❝We'll ask you for your payment details when you sign up for an eBay Plus trial, but we won't charge you until the first day after your trial period.

If you don't want us to charge you an eBay Plus membership fee, make sure you cancel your membership before the 30-day trial period has ended.

Your membership is renewed automatically, so you don't need to do anything. We'll continue to charge your membership fee annually, unless you've previously cancelled your membership.❞

❝Cancelling your eBay Plus membership

You can cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time – this means we won't charge you when it's time to renew your membership.

To cancel your eBay Plus membership:

1. Go to your eBay Plus membership page.
  2. Select My membership.
  3. Select Cancel.

If you cancel during your free trial period: You'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until 30 days after you signed up for the eBay Plus trial.

If you cancel after paying the annual membership fee: Your eBay Plus membership is valid until the end of your membership period and you'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until then.❞

- Buying with eBay Plus help page

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

ji_1944
Community Member

Yess I don’t want to be member ebay plus

I want to cancel please 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply